Remi on Rogan

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Always good to hear a hunter on the Rogan podcast.

Interesting quote from Rogan talking about Texas hunting, "I don't even think of that stuff they do out here as hunting"

Might be time to take away his Texas resident status!

I'd like to get a copy of the Australian hunting magazine he was talking about with feral cat hunting featured in it.

Last edited:

Interesting quote from Rogan talking about Texas hunting, "I don't even think of that stuff they do out here as hunting"

I don't know much about him or his show, but it's likely after moving here he simply got in with the money crowd and the deer farmers. There's lots of hunting to be had here in Texas, and there's lots of shooting to be had here also. Can't blanket the whole state with one or the other.

Sound like MSM pulling a quote out of context.

Make sure you add that he was talking specifically about sitting at a deer feeder and that right after that he said something along the lines of - "it's more of a harvest. And there's nothing wrong with that and it's great if that's what you want to do."

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Here’s an unpopular opinion. Remi is a bad story teller. So many key points of his missing wife’s story I needed to hear. Like what actually happened that an experienced outdoors woman just sat down for 3 days waiting to be found. That podcast was boring, but much like a bad movie I always have to watch till the end.

And hunting deer over a bait pile from a stand is what he meant by not hunting. Which would be categorically correct.

OP
C

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s an unpopular opinion. Remi is a bad story teller. So many key points of his missing wife’s story I needed to hear. Like what actually happened that an experienced outdoors woman just sat down for 3 days waiting to be found. That podcast was boring, but much like a bad movie I always have to watch till the end.

And hunting deer over a bait pile from a stand is what he meant by not hunting. Which would be categorically correct.

He isn't wrong. I just thought it was funny to hear

Gutshotem

WKR

I'd like to get a copy of the Australian hunting magazine he was talking about with feral cat hunting featured in it.
I don't know about the magazine but there's this:

stdeb11

FNG
And some could argue that what Rogan does isn't hunting...but yes if I had the money to afford it I'd do the same type of hunts he does.

Remi would be a cool dude to hang out with, but yes he's not the best at spinning a yarn.

grfox92

WKR
And some could argue that what Rogan does isn't hunting...but yes if I had the money to afford it I'd do the same type of hunts he does.

Remi would be a cool dude to hang out with, but yes he's not the best at spinning a yarn.
I agree with most that this podcast was underwhelming, but his first 2 podcasts with Rogan he told much better stories. Those are worth a listen if you haven't heard them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seemed like Remi was reaching for stories. A lot of them came off as exaggerated and not genuine.

kpk

WKR

I just started watching the current episode, but I've seen him talk about this before. She was slightly sick or just getting over a cold. I believe she got dehydrated during the day and didn't make it back before it got dark/cold. Just a situation that went south real quick.

Bluumoon

WKR
Really enjoy Remi's content, probably the most useful hunting info I've found in a podcast, but that episode with Rogan was a dud. Neither seemed particularly engaged and seemed like they were struggling to find content.

Kilboars

WKR

Yeah bits funny to hear Joe talking about hunting when he got in to it with the best of the best holding his hand and taking him to the best areas etc.

I only listen to him when he has an interesting hunter or someone with something interesting to say.
Never listen to MMA stuff or Comedian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk