Rental in Mtns Near Mile High

My extended family is looking to rent a house within 1.5 hours of Mile High/Empower Field in mid June for 4 nights. Needs to have 5 bedrooms or more. Budget is up to $4k.

Have been looking on AirBnB but seeing if there is anything else out there.

def90

WKR
1.5 hours puts you all the way out to Summit County / Breckenridge, Winter Park, Colorado Springs, Boulder, Lovelend and so on.. There should be thousands of places to choose from.

OP
G
1.5 hours puts you all the way out to Summit County / Breckenridge, Winter Park, Colorado Springs, Boulder, Lovelend and so on.. There should be thousands of places to choose from.
Ya. Looking for that rare place that might not be on one of the big consolidation websites. It’s almost too big of a search area to just google.

def90

WKR
Ya. Looking for that rare place that might not be on one of the big consolidation websites. It’s almost too big of a search area to just google.

What are they looking for specifically? Something in the mountains? Near a city with dining and some kind of nightlife or something secluded and a bit further out there? Nearby recreation of some sort?

A lot of big homes for rent in Summit county. I've stayed at several places in Keystone and the Breck area that had 5 bedrooms or more with large ski groups.

OP
G
What are they looking for specifically? Something in the mountains? Near a city with dining and some kind of nightlife or something secluded and a bit further out there? Nearby recreation of some sort?

Kids ages 3-11, them some 17-30 year olds, and my in-laws in their late 50 but in good shape. We will want to be close enough to a town to go out to dinner or get take out once or twice or hit a grocery store. Would be nice to have something the younger kids can do whether that’s short hikes, horse back rides, or just some areas they can wonder with us in the forest, or throw rocks in a stream. They’re not that hard to entertain in new places.

The “big kids” will probably do something more adventurous like rent e-bikes or a jeep, white water rafting, or something along those lines.

I’m hoping I can send the family home with the in-laws and head southwest to my elk unit for a couple days of scouting after the trip.

def90

WKR
Kids ages 3-11, them some 17-30 year olds, and my in-laws in their late 50 but in good shape. We will want to be close enough to a town to go out to dinner or get take out once or twice or hit a grocery store. Would be nice to have something the younger kids can do whether that’s short hikes, horse back rides, or just some areas they can wonder with us in the forest, or throw rocks in a stream. They’re not that hard to entertain in new places.

The “big kids” will probably do something more adventurous like rent e-bikes or a jeep, white water rafting, or something along those lines.

I’m hoping I can send the family home with the in-laws and head southwest to my elk unit for a couple days of scouting after the trip.

Look at homes in the Keystone area. They are slightly cheaper than Breckenridge. Short drive or shuttle ride to dining either in the Keystone base area or Silverthorne/Dillon area. Hiking/mtn biking out the door. Great fly fishing nearby. Rafting a little further away, jeeping everywhere.

Divide93

FNG
I would check out the Winter Park, Fraser area first , only drawback is Berthoud pass, but it is cool scenery!

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look in Georgetown. Bring a float tube and troll flies. Dirt bike trails south toward Guanella Pass, and north towards Loch Lomond with more fishing there too.

Easy hikes, hard hikes all over. 4 14ers really close. Rafting, meh. If that's your thing, go west to Glenwood Springs. Lots more fishing just west of the Divide, lakes or streams, including the Blue which has a few state records.

You'll pay a fraction of Breckenridge prices, and give up bars and shopping, but shopping is a short trip east or west. Better grocery stores in Idaho Springs...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk