Report Violations on Public Land!

Yoder

WKR
I drew a special permit to hunt a National Wildlife Reserve about an hr from my house. I hiked about 2 miles to the top of ridge that runs through the entire property. I found a tree stand with illegal screw in steps and it wasn't labeled with the hunter's information per regulation. There were a bunch of pink ribbons marking the way to the stand. This pissed me off but It's typical. I didn't think too much of it until I seen they also had a trail marked with white paint and were driving their 4 wheeler into the stand. It looked like an adjacent land owner that has about 100 acres. After seeing this I pulled the screw in steps, cut down all the ribbons. This was two days before the rifle opener so I hope it totally ruined their day. I marked the stand and trail locations on Onx. I sent screen shots of the maps with all of the info to the Rangers to hopefully do something. I really hate people who are entitled. Too good to walk in like the rest of us.

Gobbler36

WKR
I drew a special permit to hunt a National Wildlife Reserve about an hr from my house. I hiked about 2 miles to the top of ridge that runs through the entire property. I found a tree stand with illegal screw in steps and it wasn't labeled with the hunter's information per regulation. There were a bunch of pink ribbons marking the way to the stand. This pissed me off but It's typical. I didn't think too much of it until I seen they also had a trail marked with white paint and were driving their 4 wheeler into the stand. It looked like an adjacent land owner that has about 100 acres. After seeing this I pulled the screw in steps, cut down all the ribbons. This was two days before the rifle opener so I hope it totally ruined their day. I marked the stand and trail locations on Onx. I sent screen shots of the maps with all of the info to the Rangers to hopefully do something. I really hate people who are entitled. Too good to walk in like the rest of us.
Good on you.

68Plexi

WKR
Not a violation, but wish it was… Last week I was elk hunting in NV. We found a herd of 200+ late in the afternoon the day before the season opened. When we came back in the morning we watched an NDOW helicopter move up and down every corner of that area for an hour maybe a couple hundred yards off the ground sending every living animal running for their lives.

This is how they do their deer herd surveys apparently. This was not the only day they were in the air either. Talked to a game warden a few days later who said, “yea, we need to figure out a better way to do this.”

The elk came back a few days later so I guess they must be used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I duck hunt a local pheasant release site fairly often. During pheasant season you can only be in there 8am to 4pm, no exceptions. It's a pretty chill duck hunt if I want to go but don't want to wake up at 4am on a weekend, and the duck hunting can be pretty decent. Unfortunately, plenty of duck hunters think the rule doesn't apply to them and they head in well before 8am.

My buddies made friends with the local warden and now all we have to do is text him a photo of the license plate(s) of the guys that are in there early and he sends citations out. He usually follows up confirming that the citations have been sent. Just happened a few weekends ago. Must have been good karma because we almost shot a two man limit that day!

It's a pretty big deal because it has created a huge riff between the pheasant hunters and duck hunters. So much so that they've apparently pushed to get those areas closed to waterfowl hunting during pheasant season. I've personally been chewed out by a guy at the gate before even though I was just going in to check water levels around noon one day...