Reticle for Hunting

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
Trivia question: the wind references (on the above examples) are pointed in the direction of the wind.
View attachment 384095
Trivia info:
The original design was not "wind reference" but shooting walking/jogging/running man in the range bracket where that is relevant.

Limited time available and identifying a legal target has much higher priority than finding a ballistic solution.

When you size the dot about ø13mm or just shy of 1/2 MOA your aiming reference is big enough to be quickly picked up and small enough to have only half a bullet diameter leeway @100. It gives you that lovely confidence that the bullet strikes exactly where the dot is.

Also, if you look at the neurobiology of how the eye is built, functions and fatigues during aiming I believe there is no advantage in using a smaller aiming dot or more illumination for what I consider imagined benefits. As I understand it, there is a very limited area of photoreceptors that does all the aiming, there is limited resolution available and they need photopigment to work.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
Trivia info:
The original design was not "wind reference" but shooting walking/jogging/running man in the range bracket where that is relevant.

Limited time available and identifying a legal target has much higher priority than finding a ballistic solution.

When you size the dot about ø13mm or just shy of 1/2 MOA your aiming reference is big enough to be quickly picked up and small enough to have only half a bullet diameter leeway @100. It gives you that lovely confidence that the bullet strikes exactly where the dot is.

Also, if you look at the neurobiology of how the eye is built, functions and fatigues during aiming I believe there is no advantage in using a smaller aiming dot or more illumination for what I consider imagined benefits. As I understand it, there is a very limited area of photoreceptors that does all the aiming, there is limited resolution available and they need photopigment to work.
Appreciate the clarification! I had read somewhere it was wind, but clearly not.