Revic Stabilizer Hunter Tripod

I'm not taking anything away from that tripod as it looks like a decent unit. I like that they do not have a center column which adds stability by getting the optic or firearm closer to the apex of the tripod. It's nice that the ball head comes with two arca plates as well. We will see how they hold up over time. They will likely sell a bunch of them.

That said, the use of that tripod in the video is horrible specifically the use of the legs for height adjustment. When he was shooting from seated position he was using the lower leg sections. You should always use the outer most/upper/thicker legs first as they are more stable due to their thickness. Since they are thicker in diameter they are also stronger and can handle recoil better. The inner most/lower section of leg should only be used as a last resort if you need the extra height. This goes for both glassing and shooting.

BBob

WKR
Looks like its a rebranded Chinese Leofoto.

Last edited:
OP
L
RRS and Leofoto look very similar as well.....not surprised since I have read on another Rokslide thread that there are no US made carbon tripods.....most are sourced from China.

BBob

WKR
I think what you read is there is no US source for carbon tubes. I have no idea if that is true or not. Outdoorsmans gave this as the reason as to why they do not offer a carbon tubed tripod. As said above RRS is manufactured here in the US but I have no idea if it uses non US sourced carbon.

OP
L
Thanks BBob......that is how I read it.

Since then, I decided to contact RRS directly and ask if their carbon tripod tubes were made in the US.

I own a RRS tripod and contacted Rob (Customer Service) by email about whether their carbon tripod tubes are US made since their website is somewhat vague.....the "Whenever possible, we source them from US companies..."

https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/about

"Made in USA​

Supporting the lives of American citizens. In return, we promise to always provide high quality products make every effort to meet or exceed your expectations for superior service and product performance.We design Really Right Stuff soft goods ourselves, but we don’t make them ourselves. Whenever possible, we source them from US companies making goods in the USA. Our current line of tripod bags and pouches are made by a US company that sources from factories in Asia. We are continuing to seek USA-made soft goods to complement our “Made in the USA” products. "

Here is the reply from Rob...

"....Our carbon tubes are produced in the US, from a partner company in Utah, and finished in-house. ..."

bradb

WKR
I run a RRS and love the versatility and stability offered by a tripod. I carried in on a sheep hunt last year in the Yukon. Sheep was prone and about anything would have worked. Moose was sitting and it provided a huge advantage. I do often run the lower legs FIRST when hunting as it allows a easier reach to the top tripod tube if a quick height change is needed.