RF Binos - Revic the best for hunting?

I'm looking to purchase some RF binos. Budget isn't my main priority. Any reason not to get the Revic? They seem to be the most functional for rifle hunting western state scenarios? Would prefer ballistic capability, shoot in mils.

Does the relatively narrow FOV seem to be bothersome for glassing? I currently prefer my 8x Mavens for their FOV.

Last edited:

TomJoad

WKR
Disclaimer that I know nothing about Revic. Seems like a Maven imitator with less details about production, materials and make.

Long time RF Bino user for western hunting. I run Leica 10x42s. The RF is excellent, but that is a distant priority for me. It’s ALL about the optics. These are for glassing first, second and third, ranging a distant 4th. I’d stick with alpha glass if it were my money.

Last edited:

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the Revic but I am more than pleased with my Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 RF binos. I have it paired to my Kestrel 5700 elite when hunting. The glass is excellent and the range finder is extremely fast.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Revic is the same people behind best of the west that has been convincing people for over a decade that if you buy their overpriced crap you can go kill stuff at 1000 yards and it's point and shoot. Plus Chris Thomas from Premier reticles who has his own drama and ****** a lot of people when that went under after the Premier Heritage was a bust. Reason number 1 for not buying anything from them.

They're made in Myanmar which is a commie country thats currently in a proxy civil war basically what is happening with US, Ukraine, and Russia except China is the one behind the mask. Reason number 2 for not buying anything from them.

They cost almost $3K, or about 3x what they should. You'd be crazy to not buy Vortex Fury AB's for half the price, Leica Geovid Pro's for a little more or use Swaro EL Range TA's for the same price. Reason number 3 not to buy them.

If they were free I wouldn't own them strictly from a moral standpoint.