Ridgeline FFT barrel measurement

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone confirm whether the barrel measurement includes or excludes the brake as mentioned in other threads here? A friend of mine has the .308 with the 16” barrel and that measurement is to the threads. Others have mentioned the brake included in the measurement.

I’m looking into selling my Waypoint in 6.5prc and getting the Ridgeline FFT in 6.5prc in either 18” or 20” since I’m moving to shooting suppressed. If the 18” model includes the brake then 20” is my choice. If not does anyone have an opinion on 18 vs 20”?

I fun shoot 300 - 700 and will likely mostly use the gun for deer although I’ve built points for pronghorn and elk out west. Let’s call it what it will be which is a 90% eastern deer gun when hunting but 90% fun shooting overall.

OP
Castronova

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks.

I just watched a video on YouTube and the guy has a 30-06 which is listed as 22” and he measures it and it’s with the brake.

Moss

FNG
My 22" 7PRC is actually 23" including the break. Not sure if that helps.

OP
Castronova

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
My 22" 7PRC is actually 23" including the break. Not sure if that helps.
That would put your barrel length at 20.75”, correct?

My FFL and I called Christensen separately yesterday. They told him they don’t make barrels shorter than 20” which they do because I’ve shot one. They told me the measurement should never include the muzzle device which I agree with but obviously is not the case with their rifles.

I’ve tried to get someone to measure the actual rifle I want to make sure nothing has changed but no one has been willing to yet. The Christensen rep said he’d try to measure one but needed a safe opened by someone else.

Moss

FNG
That would put your barrel length at 20.75”, correct?

My FFL and I called Christensen separately yesterday. They told him they don’t make barrels shorter than 20” which they do because I’ve shot one. They told me the measurement should never include the muzzle device which I agree with but obviously is not the case with their rifles.

I’ve tried to get someone to measure the actual rifle I want to make sure nothing has changed but no one has been willing to yet. The Christensen rep said he’d try to measure one but needed a safe opened by someone else.
Good luck getting a response. I didn't. I called to ask about the receiver and they could not tell me what receiver they use on the current model of Ridgeline FFT. I was simply trying to verify what I was buying was not old stock. They are clueless.

I will remove the break and measure. I was "sold" a 22" barrel. I didn't bring a tape measure with me and the break was installed from the factory. Live and learn.

OP
Castronova

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, I’ll be happy with either barrel length but I’d rather know exactly what I’m getting. They should definitely know what they’re selling.

OP
Castronova

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
Update, my 20” Ridgeline FFT has a 20” barrel. It’s 7#’s even with a Trijicon tenmile 3-18 x 44mm FFP. It will be around 7lb 7oz with my can (minus the break).