Rifle hunt Am or Pm?

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Just a quick question for rifle hunting general season elk. Am or PM which time do you think is the "better" time to hunt and which have resulted in more kills for you? Obviously I will be hunting both but just wondering what your thoughts are?

tttoadman

WKR
Morning and evening seem to be even for me. I hunt day light to dark, even if it is just sitting somewhere for an hour or 2 mid day. I did find one of the best bulls I have seen up on his feet feeding about 1:00PM. Rule #1 is be in the woods all day.

The thing about general rifle season is the elk are moving. Somebody will bust them out, and they may just walk right to you at noon.

Just a quick question for rifle hunting general season elk. Am or PM which time do you think is the "better" time to hunt and which have resulted in more kills for you? Obviously I will be hunting both but just wondering what your thoughts are?

You’d get more responses in a poll. My vote would be AM.

I’m quicker on the trigger in the morning. I think through it A little more before I drop the hammer in the evening.

I like to always have a plan for a circuit I can hunt that accounts for the prevalent wind and thermals and puts me in (what should be) favorable terrain with (what I hope will be) favorable conditions all day. This sometimes means I take a nap in the shade in the afternoon or sometimes it means I’m putting on some miles and elevation etc. but it also means I have encounters throughout the day

Mosby

WKR
We have shot elk at all times of the day. Probably more in the a.m.

Forest

WKR
If I had to choose just one for elk it would be the morning. I'd say I have seen just as many in the evenings but often run out of time to seal the deal.