Rifle mounted tripod/bipod adapters

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s easier to shoot off of a ball head for this exact reason. With a pan head, there is usually a little “wiggle room” to shift the tripod legs around to get the rifle level, without having to adjust them. You get pretty fast at throwing the tripod out and getting close your first try, then you can shift the legs around a bit to get the gun level.

just takes some getting used to. I don’t like glassing off of a ball head so I have figured out how to get better at shooting off of the pan head I use (siriu VA-5)

nrh6.7

WKR
Thanks for the explanation. Should have mentioned I glass from a panhead. I have a pistol grip on order and wonder how that might work. Seems a bit tall for that application. Thoughts?

Do you suggest using two screws on the outdoorsmans mini?

Just found this looks awesome! I'm interested in the 4 inch arca so u can slide back and forth to find perfect balance for shot. Any consideration on shipping to Canada yet??? I'm also using a siriu VA-5 on a slik and was going to just buy a V-saddle before i found this thread

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just found this looks awesome! I'm interested in the 4 inch arca so u can slide back and forth to find perfect balance for shot. Any consideration on shipping to Canada yet??? I'm also using a siriu VA-5 on a slik and was going to just buy a V-saddle before i found this thread

I haven’t taken the time to figure out shipping into Canada. It would really only be worth it if I were to find a reseller for all of my stuff in Canada.

Sorry,

Ken

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Picked up parts at the anodizer today! We have all of our rails back in stock! Arca mini, arca 4”, arca+pic, outdoorsmans+pic and outdoorsmans mini!

51148EF4-CA68-4738-B065-305CAC95EE80.jpeg

Dumb question as well. The arca system is all new to me. Looking online I see there are different widths of arca bases. What width are your mounts?

Also, I’m guessing they mount in the sling stud hole, and drill another hole for the second mounting screw?

Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
An arca Swiss plate should be 1.5” width. That’s what I run mine to. RRS came out with a standard for them.

And yes, if you have a sling stud that is a 10-32 thread, you can use that one, and add another tee nut into your stock. Some after market stocks come with 2, and those just bolt right on. Like AG composites, HS precision, etc.

Excellent thanks! I realized when I was looking online the different sizes (50 mm, 60mm ) referred to the length, not the width which like you state is standard.

Hopefully that clears it up for someone else who’s new to this like me!

cmacinnes

FNG
Excellent thanks! I realized when I was looking online the different sizes (50 mm, 60mm ) referred to the length, not the width which like you state is standard.

Hopefully that clears it up for someone else who’s new to this like me!

Hi, do you have any of the outdoorsman mini or outdoorsman+ pic in stock?