Riflescope decisions

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We as a company don't sell NF, but I have used a SHV for years now and it's been one of the most reliable scopes I have ever used.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
For a scope that tops out at 10x the SFP isn’t really a huge deal. The only concern people cite is that your holds aren’t accurate at anything but max power. But with a 10x max mag it’s not a big drawback. If you are shooting long enough to need to hold wind you’ll likely be on 10x anyway. FFP has drawbacks as well. I own one of the coveted SWFA 3-9 and the reticle straight up sucks until you get to mid magnification. Borderline unusable at 3x. So they all have pros/cons.
I feel my SWFA 3-9 has a very usable reticle at 3x for everything other than using the subtentions, but even that would be possible depending on the background.

The dots on my S&B reticle really are useless at low magnification to my eyes.

JFK

WKR
I don’t hate the swfa. I own one and use it. It’s my second favorite scope. “Unusable” was probably a little overboard on my part. Just meant that on 3-4x it’s not great…to
my eyes at least.

I say this honestly, but also because I do not need or want the Rokslide inquisition that ensues when someone talks ill of an swfa.

They do look like someone bolted a piece of dog shit onto a rifle though with those turrets.

Last edited:

atmat

WKR
I don’t hate the swfa. I own one and use it. It’s my second favorite scope. “Unusable” was probably a little overboard on my part. Just meant that on 3-4x it’s not great…to
my eyes at least.

I say this honestly, but also because I do not need or want the Rokslide inquisition that ensues when someone talks ill of an swfa.

They do look like someone bolted a piece of dog shit onto a rifle though with those turrets.
Oh I get you. I’m just saying I think it’s usable down that low. I’ve bought and sold like four of them, now on my fifth.

I don’t love them. They’re hideous, giant turrets, no illumination, uncapped windage, and a stiff mag wheel. But I keep coming back because they work and the reticle is great.

OP
K
Thank you all so much for the feedback! I ended up pulling the trigger on the Swaro Z3 3-9x36 and have been happy with it so far. I gotta thank Cameraland for such a great deal and helping me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk