Right handed or left handed bow?

snik

FNG
Alright, I’m looking at buying a bow and have a couple questions. I’m left eye dominant, but I’m not completely left side dominant. I do a lot of things with my right side such as throwing. Since my left eye is dominant is it imperative that I buy a left handed bow, or could I get away with a right handed bow? Thanks in advance.

Rob5589

WKR
I would lean toward a lefty bow. Are you able to shoot both to see what works better?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you go righty, just close your left eye for shooting. I'm left eye dominant and shoot left handed, but I still shoot with my right eye closed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are lefty bows more expensive?
Not that I know of, but I don't pay retail for much of anything. Unless you also have a ridiculously long draw length like I do, used LH bows are pretty easy to find on sites like Archery Talk. Just make sure you know exactly what your draw length is and/or get a bow with adjustable draw length mods.

I shoot right handed even though I’m left eye dominant. I have been shooting that way since I started when I was small child.

I have shoot that way for so long now that I shoot with both eyes open and can focus with my right eye.

Really, doesn’t matter though. Probably would be easier to shoot left handed but you would be limited in selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I shoot right handed even though I’m left eye dominant. I have been shooting that way since I started when I was small child.

I have shoot that way for so long now that I shoot with both eyes open and can focus with my right eye.

Really, doesn’t matter though. Probably would be easier to shoot left handed but you would be limited in selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. No one ever talks about retraining the dominant eye, it really isn't that hard.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I made the switch to shooting lefty after 2 years ago after shooting with my left eye closed for 20 years. For me i saw great improvement especially in low light, even after only a week. I say start out with tour dominant eye

RickH

Lil-Rokslider
I'm left eye dominant and shoot everything left handed. Everything else (writing, throwing, flycasting, etc.) I do right handed. Lefty bows are the same price as right, although the selection of used bows is more limited. I think you'll be more consistently accurate shooting the same side as your dominant eye. But, we are all pretty adaptable and if your just starting you can probably learn either way.