RIP TKO insert/outsert?

180ls1

WKR
Is the newest rendition of the victory RIP TKO Shok (50 or 75 grain) insert/outserts good enough or should I be looking to upgrade? I am not a FOC freak but I also don't check straightness nor would I like to break an arrow every time I miss. It seems like reviews are all over the place...

What say you? These are on 250 spine arrows and I'll kill elk/deer/pigs with them.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
Don't bother, just use a hidden insert. If you really want to be bomb proof, use an Ironwill hidden insert and collar. Far superior to that half out crap.

Wont I have to switch broadheads? Or is that the deep six ones?

Also, any thoughts on the titanium or steel collar?

Wont I have to switch broadheads? Or is that the deep six ones?

Also, any thoughts on the titanium or steel collar?
I have no experience with the outserts your speaking of so no help.
Are the victory TKO .166 size arrows? If so The hidden inserts that Zac is suggesting is a good route. If they are skinny .166 arrows then yes you have to use deep six heads which is a pain. But deep six with the iron will collar is very strong system.

I personally am not a fan of deep six as the Ferrells are skinner and less material which is a weak point. I think iron will collar makes it stronger thou

Last edited:

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
The hidden inserts and Iron Will collar system doesn’t have to be a deep six threaded connection. I run the standard 8-32 100gr inserts and 25gr collars on my RIP TKOs. I know you said you aren’t to worried about FOC but dang mine fly good and blow through animals.

Last edited:

Mudd Foot

WKR
e310a69851c46fa30af9a234f85b9ebb.jpg

189be5fb2c5510318d451b177b9cf220.jpg

08fc174e13277f8bb2e5be5736025cd9.jpg

bd4187b27bc8da91327dfa0d09717c85.jpg

8c299ae5c47700e49e0403c1aeca8c8e.jpg

dd01b8824753aaff48f1039b0bef981d.jpg

Might be hard to see but, these are 300s. Hot melted the 120 gr. insert and collar. Total arrow weight is 544. FOC is 19.6% per the Gold Tip calculator. Using 2” Blazers 3 fletch. Draw weight is 60lbs. Bareshafted, and nock tuned. They fly like darts and hit very hard. Plan on using VPA 150 gr. Single Bevels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Might be hard to see but, these are 300s. Hot melted the 120 gr. insert and collar. Total arrow weight is 544. FOC is 19.6% per the Gold Tip calculator. Using 2” Blazers 3 fletch. Draw weight is 60lbs. Bareshafted, and nock tuned. They fly like darts and hit very hard. Plan on using VPA 150 gr. Single Bevels.
Do the ethics have the shoulder in the bottom of the collar where the shaft will bottom out? When I tried them a couple years back they didn’t and that was the only reason I went with Iron Will.

Zac

WKR
The Ethics system is not superior to the Iron Will components due to a longer lever arm, and more protrusion from the shaft. Also in my experience you have to be an expert sander in order to fit them right. Victory does not have a super tight tolerance either, so batch to batch will vary on actual outside diameter. This is a nightmare for fitting components. The hidden inserts, and IW components are a very easy instalation.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have 3 RIP TKO's with the 100gr Ethics insert just to try them, but most of mine have 75gr brass HIT's. I use 100's with the Ethics ones and 125's with the HIT's, so the weight is still the same for both. So far, no difference in shooting, accuracy, or durability, but I'm a big fan of HIT inserts. Been using both the regular aluminum and brass for years. Love how smooth the transition is between shaft and FP. These are Elite 250's.
RIP TKO.jpg

Mudd Foot

WKR
The Ethics system is not superior to the Iron Will components due to a longer lever arm, and more protrusion from the shaft. Also in my experience you have to be an expert sander in order to fit them right. Victory does not have a super tight tolerance either, so batch to batch will vary on actual outside diameter. This is a nightmare for fitting components. The hidden inserts, and IW components are a very easy instalation.

Lever arm length aside, this was not my experience. Hot melt makes for easy installation after sanding off the coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP TKOs are one of the few shafts I haven’t had good luck with hotmelt on. I shoved a couple of tips into the shaft, I believe due to the inserts breaking loose. I never hit anything I thought was too overly hard. Maybe a little more prep work is necessary with these?

Typically, I hotmelt them in to all the shafts I use so I can remove or reuse the brass inserts. I’ve since started gluing these in permanently and haven’t had an issue.

Just food for thought.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
Update: I went with the Ethics system. They now have a .204(aluminum insert)/.266(steel collar) that fits the RIP perfectly now without sanding. Honestly I wanted the Iron Will system but after buying a whole new bow, accessories, pack, bino harness and some clothing I couldn't justify spending much more. I hope it works out well.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Love my ethics inserts in the VAP’s

factory victory inserts bent when I missed my target and skipped 2 arrows off the dirt road. It wasn’t even a head on hit, just a shallow angle and they bent.

I really like how the ethics goes deep into the inside of the shaft, while the collar covers a good portion of the outside of the shaft. Makes for a really strong system.

I have 3 RIP TKO's with the 100gr Ethics insert just to try them, but most of mine have 75gr brass HIT's. I use 100's with the Ethics ones and 125's with the HIT's, so the weight is still the same for both. So far, no difference in shooting, accuracy, or durability, but I'm a big fan of HIT inserts. Been using both the regular aluminum and brass for years. Love how smooth the transition is between shaft and FP. These are Elite 250's.
View attachment 310191
Nice. So you don’t even use a collar jusr the HIT only? I thinking of going to a HIT on my next dozen arrows. I know a collar will add durability but not sure it’s actually needed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Nice. So you don’t even use a collar jusr the HIT only? I thinking of going to a HIT on my next dozen arrows. I know a collar will add durability but not sure it’s actually needed.
Not a fan of collars. Just another component to try to make fit perfectly and still spin perfectly true. I will say that some arrows will most likely hold up better with a collar, and they just about need it if you're hard on arrows at all. I don't worry about needing a collar AT ALL on animals, but if some arrows break at the tip from my normal shooting....then so be it. Mushrooming and tip breakage has never been much of an issue for me using HIT's, so I choose to not use collars. But that's also why I picked the RIP TKO's.......the weaved carbon construction, something that has always seemed much more durable than non-weaved arrows.