Rokslide 2012 Extreme Challenge

OP
B

bearguide

is there water on the trail, or do we need to carry water for the day

OP
D

david long

I want to do this really bad but don't have the time to get away from family. I also need all the vacation time built up for hunting season. Are you going to do it next year for sure or are you waiting to see how this one turns out? If so, I will plan on scheduling it for next year. Sounds like fun and great conditioning for early season hunting. Have fun everyone and be safe!
Yes, it will be an annual event. It will be the second Saturday of July each year. It won't be the same loop next year. It will be totally different. Put it on your calendar!

OP
D

david long

BuckSnort....we will be videoing it with a couple of Hero cams:)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Good luck to all the participants. Looks like it will be very HOT!

OP
D

david long

Thanks Ryan.....chilling in Aspen right now. Five people had to back out so there will only be four of us doing the challenge tomorrow.

It's killing me not being there, it would be fun.I found out about the trek 3 days ago, wish I would of found out sooner.Have fun and I will see you guys next year.
Gabe

OP
D

david long

The Challenge has been completed. Wow! 27 miles of shear torture!

Time for a shower and several drinks:)

OP
D

david long

The 1st Annual Rokslide Challenge went very well. There were four people who participated:

David Long – Elizabeth, CO
Corey Dixon – Idaho Falls, ID
Tom Heydt – Big Piney, WY
Don Cestnik – Sidney, NE

According to the Garmin, it was exactly 27 miles and over 9000’ in elevation gain. We all started as one group, but by the time we made it to the top of the first pass (Buckskin), we had separated into two groups. Corey and I were grouped together and Tom and Don were grouped together.

Corey and I completed the loop in 9 hrs 47 min.

Tom and Don completed the loop in 11 hrs 0 min.

It was a great time! I will get the video posted up when I get time.

Thanks to all those who participated.