Welcome to Rokslide’s 2021 Youth Hunt Photo Contest! In this second year of the contest, we are looking forward to more great photos of the next generation of hunters with their success.
This year's prize will be a new Foliage Green Elkhorn Package:
The Elkhorn is a 2750-cubic inch bag with meat shelf and detachable lid on a 20" frame. The package includes the winner's choice of belt size, plus a choice of either an orange lid or reversible/detachable panel to help comply with hunter orange requirements in some states (and to help keep track of kids in the field).
For reference, the picture below shows a 4'10" kid with the Elkhorn and panel carrying three quarters and both backstraps of a deer on the shelf.
The winning photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:
1. WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes into account lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2. Composition. How is the photo arranged and balanced – is there too much or too little of the background/foreground, animal, subject, etc?
3. Animal size. This is not a biggest animal contest, but a best photo contest that captures your youth hunter in the field. In this case, the focus is on the youth hunter, not necessarily the animal – but if two pictures are equal, generally the more impressive animal will win the tie-breaker.
4. Only one photo per animal entered. Must be a photo of your youth hunter in the field during the 2021 season (January 1st- December 31st, 2021), involved in any kind of hunting – waterfowl, small game, big game, etc. The youth hunter must be 17 or younger during the 2021 January 1st-December 31st fall hunting season.
5. Only one photo entry is allowed per youth per animal (so one mule deer, one antelope, per youth etc.) Member parents or legal guardian can post on the youth's behalf, or the youth can join Rokslide and post himself.
6. Rokslide staff will select finalists, and Rokslide members will vote for the winner.
7. By posting photos on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Western Edge Gear use the photos in promotional material without compensation.
8. Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.
9. To get a good idea of what we're looking for in a winning photo, see last year's finalists here: 2020 Youth Photo Contest
Good luck and happy hunting.
Last edited by a moderator: