Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Just a quick update for me. I've been struggling and hovering around 228-229. Going to stick with a keto 75 hard to push through.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reactions: LLB

Patexalva

FNG
In 2019 I weighed in 262 (6'3" for reference). Heaviest I had ever been. I started to focus on avoiding processed carbs and sugar and focus on high protein and high fat. June of 2021 I checked in at 207, which was the lowest I had weighed since HS. I am back up to 225 now (damn holidays). I would like to get down to 200-205 before my archery elk hunt this year.

wyoguy03

FNG
Started my weight loss journey on 10/1/2021 at 261 lbs. As of 2/15/2022 I'm sitting at 229.4. Not 100% sure what my final target weight is as of now. I have my MyFitnessPal goal set at 215. I have had the best results when I stay consistent on logging calories. The weeks I'm not consistent, I may only lose 1 lb to a 1/2 lb instead of my 2 lb per week goal.
Second the my fitness pal great tool

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Was 250.1 this morning - weight is slowly falling off and just about 20 pounds lost so far…headed to Vegas next weekend so hoping to have strong will not to give in on food/alcohol.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Weight moving much slower than expected. Have done good with diet and have 10/11 alcohol free days this month. Have been working out 3d/week and light cardio 3d/week.

244 as of this morning. Was up from my initial weigh-in to around 249lb a couple weeks ago.

At least it has been trending down.

MQQSE

FNG
240.4 this AM. It’s coming off slowly but it’s coming off. Maybe I should quit alcohol too in order to speed things up. In Cabo next week so that may have to wait. Just have to stay disciplined until I come home.

Superbowl Sunday wil be 3 weeks with no Alcohol. I've mentioned in an earlier post that I sleep better. Well after 3 weeks another thing I have noticed is I don't need as much sleep either. I get up at 3:45 AM for work. I used to get home at 4PM and drink 6-8 beers and be in bed by 7-730 only to wake up feeling like I needed to stay in bed . Now I get home and stay moving ,play with my son, cook Dinner for my amazing wife and retire around 8:30-9pm and I wake up ready to roll. I feel better, my family is happier , just so many other benefits to staying sober and the weight loss is a bonus.
One small thing I've started doing that seems to be helping is during all my breaks at work I just walk laps around the shop. I take 2- 15 min breaks and 1 -30 min break . According to my fitness tracker just walking those laps burns 300-400 extra calories a day. And after people know why your walking hot laps they stop looking at you weird.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Starting Monday after the Super Bowl.
56, 5’-10” and 225 lbs. size 36 jeans are tight and I’m tired of having a beer belly. But I love IPA’s!
Weight ballooned up 20 lbs after I tore cartilage in my knee, Nov 2020.
Scoped it out in November, back to riding indoor cycle and rowing machine.
Going to switch to LISS in the mornings, since I rarely eat anything between 9 pm and noon.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Weigh in today. 227 lbs, down 3 lbs since last post 9 days ago. Although I weigh myself daily when home, I usually only count my weigh in on Sunday to eliminate the fluctuations during the week.

Ran a Cupids Chase 5k yesterday, came in 2nd for my age group. 19th overall so not bad there. If I can lose the extra weight I should be a bit faster. Plan on doing a weighted pack walk/hike today just to change up my exercise routine.

This is going to be a lifelong battle. Just too damn easy to gain the weight at my age (61) and very hard to lose it. I will have to stay on top of it.

Keep at it guys, ya'll are kicking butt (y) .

DuckDogDr

WKR
36 … 5’8 weighing in at a whopping 253 lbs..
Goal is to be down to 170 in a year… used to be my fighting weight… life just sucks when you’re that heavy on my short of frame.
I really want to do a sheep hunt .. but I know in current state not an option… my legs hurt /wore out after 1-2 squats . Lower back kills me… intermittent problems with feet and legs swelling…

My biggest killer is 14 hour overnights with mandatory overtime shifts for records and patient call backs if we don’t get to do them on shift etc … I don’t get a set break and it’s eat what I can when I can .. which usually means candy bars . Chips and whatever the gas station has available …

Going to do better for sure this yea
Just ordered a bunch of protein powder, greens and amino acids , gym membership
Jiu Jitsu, swimming laps and walking the dog for cardio.

Weights to tone up … anyone have any ab secrets ?

MQQSE

FNG
237.9 today. Maybe my scale is playing games with me. Either way, I’ll take it. I’m two months and 10 lbs ahead of where I was in 2019 when I got down to 205 by September. This time I can’t take my foot off the gas and get complacent when I see some success. Good luck to everyone. Don’t wait to get started.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
228 this morning. I've been struggling over the weekend and yesterday was pretty good. I just need to stay consistent on the diet.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
To many sugary snacks and carb heavy meals this winter. I weighed myself last week and saw that I had put on about 15 pounds since September. A little horrified, it definitely sparked a change in my mindset.

I trained pretty hard using MTNTOUGH last summer/fall, was at around 220 but my feet and knees were killing me after a few days on the mountain. Started bonking out after day 4. Starting at 234 this year and hoping to get down to 190-200 where I was in college.

Going with the Eat MTNTOUGH program starting this week. Using it in tandem with the KB20 program and then transition into Spring Training Camp. Goal is to drop 1-2 pounds a week. We'll see!

Well guys I made it through super bowl Sunday without alcohol. I didn't exactly eat right but caught myself before it spiraled too far.
+1 for me

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Well guys I made it through super bowl Sunday without alcohol. I didn't exactly eat right but caught myself before it spiraled too far.
+1 for me
Nice work. I wasn't as strong. Monday felt like shit starting to feel better today. Crazy how 1 crappy day of eat and drink can wreck you.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I have discovered my body has "settled in" on my normal 35-40 minute daily cardio duration (usually elliptical work, sometimes treadmill) so I have had to take it up 10-15 minutes. Try to set a goal to burn 800-1000 additional calories per day on the cardio machines. Assuming half the time those machines over estimate your caloric burn (read an article that stated 60-70% of the number given is actual calories burned) that around 3-3500k a week burned just from that activity. Hoping to speed up the weight loss a bit....

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
225 lbs this morning, down 2 lbs from last Sunday. Weight has fluctuated all week from a low of 224 to 228. I put it off to water retention which is why I only count my Sunday weigh in. Put a paper back on the fridge with the date and weight so my wife keeps an eye on it also. More accountability (y).

Another 5k race this coming Saturday, hope to make a good showing. I looked today and saw that my best 5k time was when I weighed 195 lbs. I have a long ways to go but it's going to happen.

"Cowards never start. The weak never finish. Winners never quit" Navy Seal Quote

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
I'm late to the party but I'll dive in. Great to read all the success stories on this thread! I'm 59, on 12/30/2021 I weighed 203, I'm 5' 10". I quit alcohol and started Keto and intermittent fasting, this morning I weighed 180 lbs. I hope to end up around 170 and plan on using the intermittent fasting to maintain the weight. I live in northern Minnesota and have been hiking 5-7 miles 3-4 days per week on snowmobile trails for my exercise Thanks to all on this thread for providing inspiration.

This should/could be the week I drop in to the 250's. From 285 in a month. I know the loss is going to start to slow down dramatically right around 250 . I'm ready for that this time. Still doing warrior style intermittent fasting , 4 hr eating window and whole foods. Today marks 1 month no Alcohol... this is the one thing that is a game changer for me in the past I would give in have a couple beers and then over eat. This time no beers and controlled eating. Stay strong guys it will be worth it!!