RokStok

Wyo_hntr

WKR
This is THE stock I've been looking for, for years. Tried to order a flat top Clymer from gunwerks to have inletted for a T3x. No dice.

Using the stockys vg version now, but this is going to be the answer.

I am anxiously waiting for the first run.

Last edited:
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I think this is also why you are correct to go with word of mouth. A few months ago I would have taken one look at this and said no thanks. Now I want to buy two of them. That comes from being educated by people I trust on Rokslide. I think heavy marketing would be asking for unhappy customers who did not spend enough time to fully understand the concepts.
I agree 100%.

The first time I shot a true above-bore line and negative comb stock(Clymer) I was hooked.

Last edited:

Macintosh

WKR
Nothing fancy. Just a lightweight, traditional shaped stock.
Is it 100% the look, or would you change your tune if you could see and feel the difference when shooting it? I think anyone who says a stock like this is a totally different ballgame and does something a traditional stock simply doesnt do, is selling something. If you shoot ok with your current stock its not going to turn you into a rockstar shooter overnight. But to me its easy to see and feel the difference in how the a stock with different geometry transmits recoil to the shooter when actually using them, and a stock with the butt and comb geometry like this is just more comfortable and enjoyable to shoot. Curious if you are at all interested in how it actually performs differently, or if its 100% the aesthetics?

Macintosh

WKR
@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus did you guys shoot the bondo “frankenstock” to fine-tune the fit and dimensions? Or did you already know the exact dimensions and just sculpt that around a tikka inlet?

Ive built a bunch of wood stocks for shotguns to get a perfect fit that way and then duplicated it in walnut, but didnt know if the structure is there to do that with a fiber stock.

Last edited:

kickemall

WKR
The preorder link will be on this thread and this thread only. I hate doing preorders, once we have your money I get to hear from you every week that “we” have your money:). So we won’t have a preorder until we have a SOLID shipping date.

This will be on shoot2hunt. We did a podcast on the features yesterday. We will also do some educational videos. But the biggest marketing tool is the consumer. Word of mouth is the best salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sounds good.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus did you guys shoot the bondo “frankenstock” to fine-tune the fit and dimensions? Or did you already know the exact dimensions and just sculpt that around a tikka inlet?

No shooting yet. This isn’t a “hey we had a great idea one morning” thing. This is 20 years building and I/we know what we want it to do. Before a single stock will be sold, I/we will shoot and use the hell out of a preproduction sample and I expect some small tweaks to be made.

atmat

WKR
Those aren’t finished pics, and there is more modification to the rear end (well, all over actually). This is a rough outline, expect the production stocks to be less bulky looking and much more refined.
You’ve said before you prefer a rounded forend for a field rifle. How did y’all end up with a flat forend?

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Looking good. Hard to imagine I won’t get a couple, do hope I love the grip. For my personal use, I think a dupe of the bravo grip slid .25” towards the trigger would be 👌