RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
In your experience was the felt recoil / spotting hits significantly improved?
My Tikka .260 (near identical to 6.5CM) has the recoil mitigated enough that it is actually noticeable.

600 rounds through the gun now with the Rokstock from various “uncomfortable” hunting positions and I can confidently say that shooting factory 129 grain hornady SSTs and 143 ELDXs feels more like shooting mine and my wife’s .243 Tikkas shooting 108 ELDMs.

Longest kill of the day on Saturday was this Jack rabbit who caught a 129 SST at 726 yards shooting off a backpack, molinator on top of pack, small rear UM bag as rear rest. My buddy had missed high and pierced both his ears with his .223 and he ran 400 yards before stopping and then getting the .260 treatment.

I was easily able to spot the hit, watch the rabbit flip over backwards, and watch the legs twitch for a few seconds.

IMG_7344.jpeg

This isn’t a percent based answer, but here’s my experience. I had a chance to shoot a friends Rokstok yesterday, which was on a Tikka lite 308 shooting 175 grain bullets. I shot it back to back with my rifle, a Tikka lite in 6.5CM shooting 130 grain bullets in the factory stock upgraded with cheek riser, vertical grip and limbsaver recoil pad. Both rifles weigh about the same, I’d guess within 8 oz if one another. I would say recoil impulse at the shoulder felt similar for both rifles but the ability to spot shots was significantly better with the Rokstok. I also found it significantly more comfortable and better balanced than my upgraded Tikka stock.

Given the difference in recoil between those cartridges/bullets, I’m guessing that’s roughly a 15-20% improvement if felt recoil but someone smarter than me should run the numbers to confirm.

Appreciate it! My main interest in the Rokstok is improving my ability to spot my shots. I can do it now with my factory tikka stock, cheek riser, vertical grip but I do lose the sight picture for a split second and have to rely upon the dust to tell me where I hit/missed. This is shooting around 8-9x at 400-800 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
Appreciate it! My main interest in the Rokstok is improving my ability to spot my shots. I can do it now with my factory tikka stock, cheek riser, vertical grip but I do lose the sight picture for a split second and have to rely upon the dust to tell me where I hit/missed. This is shooting around 8-9x at 400-800 yards

Back down your zoom and that’ll improve further.

ID_Matt

WKR
I just ordered a 3x18 trijicon tenmile hx with hs precision 25 moa canted low rings
Anyone using this optic on rokstoks already received ?
Or really anyone using low rings with the rokstok having any scope height issues?
lows will not work for me. UM mediums are backordered so I am switching to a rail with medium ring for the moment.

Back down your zoom and that’ll improve further.

Last year I was using full zoom, 15x-16x depending on which scope (second focal plane)

Now I’ve got the FFP 3-15 SWFA. Any concern with actually being able to see the impacts/misses at lower than 8x at 400-800?

atmat

WKR
Last year I was using full zoom, 15x-16x depending on which scope (second focal plane)

Now I’ve got the FFP 3-15 SWFA. Any concern with actually being able to see the impacts/misses at lower than 8x at 400-800?

I can spot impacts at 400 better with lower mag than 8x. I very rarely find myself at 8x.

Sadler

WKR

Nope. I was shooting at 8x from 800-1500 yards the other day and saw my hits and misses on 2moa plates.

MattB

WKR
Been reading some approve posts about the felt recoil reduction.

For those that have shot the rifle before and after the Rokstok, is there an approx % of reduction for the felt recoil and ability to spot hits/misses?
If I had to guess, I would say a 20% reduction in felt recoil vs factory stock w fat LimbSaver. The reduction was very surprising. I only shot if off a bench at paper, so no opinion on spotting hits. 7-08, no can.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone who ordered a railed option after the first day receive one yet?
I ordered bare carbon with a rail early on the first day and never changed my order, mine still has not been shipped. Order number was 674, so I think I was one of the earlier orders placed as well (but have not been paying enough attention to know).

My theory is that I have been black listed by @Ryan Avery and @Unknown Munitions because I'm totally important enough that they would take the time to do that. :ROFLMAO:

wyogoat

WKR
I ordered railed version with torn cerakote option in the first few mins of going live and no order changes, it was delivered today.

TX_Diver

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. I have a couple 223 10 rounders that have worked well but I haven't used em much because I put the rifle in a KRG Bravo pretty shortly after getting them. Now with rokstok and possibly KRG Echo I need to consider getting some 308/creedmoor pattern mags with higher capacity. I think I'd mostly be ok with factory 5 rounders but definitely want more for matches.
If you have any interest in parting with one of the waters mags let me know 👍

lintond

WKR
I’m having some challenges with my MT bottom metal and magazines not functioning in the Rokstock. I can’t get them to seat at all. I’ve tried two different after market mags and OEM with no luck. It is super tight to get the bottom metal in, so I’m wondering if I need to slightly open up the inlet?

They work pretty well with OEM btw metal. With the OEM mag working the best.