RokStok

atmat

WKR
I’m having some challenges with my MT bottom metal and magazines not functioning in the Rokstock. I can’t get them to seat at all. I’ve tried two different after market mags and OEM with no luck. It is super tight to get the bottom metal in, so I’m wondering if I need to slightly open up the inlet?

They work pretty well with OEM btw metal. With the OEM mag working the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If OEM works, rock the OEM?

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I’m having some challenges with my MT bottom metal and magazines not functioning in the Rokstock. I can’t get them to seat at all. I’ve tried two different after market mags and OEM with no luck. It is super tight to get the bottom metal in, so I’m wondering if I need to slightly open up the inlet?

I have MT bottom metal waiting for me in my mail box (I have a sporadic plastic allergy when it comes to bottom metal for no scientific reason) so I should be able to play with it tonight and see if I have the same issues, will report back.
OEM bottom metal fit was tight tight, as in very slightly compressing the bottom metal in the direction of the bore (function is still 100%), so I suspect scratching a little cerakote or more out of one end of the inlet could be needed to get the MT fully seated on mine. Easy peasy.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Call Thomas at high desert rifle works and order his bottom metal shim kit. Or go to your local hardware store and find some thins washers. Will resolve the issue. Otherwise go with factory plastic and factory mags. Also knocking some paint or coating off the bottom metal and off the stock will help with clearance.

Got mine today, fit and finish was good and the grip/fore-end texture is just right (even the straight cerakote has some texture to it). The only minor complain is the barrel is slightly off-center in the barrel channel. Cheek weld is a big improvement over factory with SM mediums. The RS with its thin LimbSaver recoil pad/no rail mount/sling studs was 30 oz. which is heavier than the factory stock with a thick aftermarket LimbSaver unit by ~1.5 oz. Looking forward to shooting it later this week.

- 10%er

Got mine today, +1 on the barrel being off center.. factory lite channel contacts one side of my factory lite barrel..

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Reach out to UM/Stocky’s. They’ll certainly make it right.
I know they will, but honestly faster to grab some sandpaper and open up the channel at home and get exactly the amount of clearance you desire. The carbon sands very easily. I took some 80 grit wrapped it under a Tikka mag and went to town for 5 minutes.

I’m an impatient tight ass, so 5 minutes of sanding is well worth it to me, but aesthetics aren’t top of my list either.

Maybe Unknown should put a disclaimer. If you order the standard/light barrel channel for looks, be prepared to make adjustments.

cptorrez3

FNG
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been answered or even asked yet but I currently have the hrs hunter rail on my factory stock, I really like the rail. Is it possible to run this on the Rok Stock? If I order it woth no rails will the forgrip come flat and will there be multiple attachment points, like 2 swiblvle stufld locations up front? Was getting ready to hit buy but I need to know so I order it correctly.

Also if I order it for the proof sendero barrel can I run the factory barrel still or do I need to order the proof now? I was looking for a 22 or 24 inch for my 308 yikka but only see the 20s in stock. Do most run the 20 due to minimal muzzle velocity loss at 20 vs 22 or 24?

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I have MT bottom metal waiting for me in my mail box (I have a sporadic plastic allergy when it comes to bottom metal for no scientific reason) so I should be able to play with it tonight and see if I have the same issues, will report back.
OEM bottom metal fit was tight tight, as in very slightly compressing the bottom metal in the direction of the bore (function is still 100%), so I suspect scratching a little cerakote or more out of one end of the inlet could be needed to get the MT fully seated on mine. Easy peasy.
MT fits great, very snug nearly press fit on the sides in mag well but that how I like it, lines up good, it has more clearance fore and aft than factory plastic by a little. Same thing with mags not latching, can get 5 rnd to latch if I press firmly but not 3 rnd, mag lips are hard up on receiver. Real slim washers/or HD shim kit seem like the easy route. 3/4”OD or less w/ 5/16” or 3/8” hole should be just about perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_5720.jpeg
    IMG_5720.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 79
Also if I order it for the proof sendero barrel can I run the factory barrel still or do I need to order the proof now? I was looking for a 22 or 24 inch for my 308 yikka but only see the 20s in stock. Do most run the 20 due to minimal muzzle velocity loss at 20 vs 22 or 24?
Yes, you cam run a smaller contour barrel such as the tikka factory contour in the larger inlet, you'll just have more dead cat space.

I know they will, but honestly faster to grab some sandpaper and open up the channel at home and get exactly the amount of clearance you desire. The carbon sands very easily. I took some 80 grit wrapped it under a Tikka mag and went to town for 5 minutes.

I’m an impatient tight ass, so 5 minutes of sanding is well worth it to me, but aesthetics aren’t top of my list either.

Maybe Unknown should put a disclaimer. If you order the standard/light barrel channel for looks, be prepared to make adjustments.
It isn’t carbon of any description you are sanding

cptorrez3

FNG
Yes, you cam run a smaller contour barrel such as the tikka factory contour in the larger inlet, you'll just have more dead cat space.
Thanks for the info. I see they have a mcmillian lr for the tikka available too. Any thoughts on it vs the rokstok?

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
New more people interested in Winchester model 70s 🤘

Need not new, right? I told @Unknown Munitions via phone that if they needed one more for a M70 I am game. Was planning on waiting a bit, but we need that M70 stock.
I’m down to help get the SA M70 train rolling, and really want to now, but am going to hold off until I have LE Green stock and LOP spacers in hand. Would like to practice w/ different lop and scope mounting positions more so I know what I want before pressing go button on next one.

Edited: I'm willing to place faith in UM/Stocky's and order M70 RokStok prior to LE Green stock and LOP spacers showing up, once the M70 community is organized a bit/swimming up stream together on getting pre-order going. I don't doubt that I can get the stock fit I'm seeking once LOP spacers are in the mix (hoping soon), and Holly assured me last week that as soon as the LOP spacers arrive at UM, she has it on her to-do list to get them sent out promptly, so that's gotta count for something.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
We need to ditch the factory lite offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Factory Tikka barrels with Bart3B is perfect. ZERO issues with clearance/touching anywhere, no matter the field positions; and still maintains the "aesthetic" people are after I would say. Also, barrel looks perfectly centered to me but I have been told my brain is crooked by several folks, so who knows.

bart factory.jpg

Thanks for the info. I see they have a mcmillian lr for the tikka available too. Any thoughts on it vs the rokstok?
1a) do not get the lite contour inlet… but it does look like Ryan may axe it all together and turn it into a collectable.

1b) 3b for the aesthetic of minimal gap with a factory lite barrel.

1c) sendero for functionality due to clearance and versatility.

2) 20 v 22 v 24... Go 20”

3) Rokstok drinks Mcmillans milkshake.

DISCLAIMER: This is a Rokstok thread, with short barreled rifles, and barrel inlets with enough clearance to house roadkill… opinions may be biased.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
It isn’t carbon of any description you are sanding
What is being sanded? Foam fill?

I have a 3B on order which I’m not expecting to see for a month or two (late Feb follower here) which will house a Tikka lite contour for now, but I’ve got a recently acquired d18 contour barrel sitting in the safe so a bit of sanding may be needed down the road.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
my fingers are crossed for an xbolt variety in the future... stockys plans to have the VG2 and Hunter for the Xbolt by summers end so hoping that helps with the RS variant!