RokStok

Anyone have thoughts on the tikka prefit proof carbon barrel? It looks like all they have is a 20" was hoping for a 22

Were Kimber's on the list? Also I'm guessing the Rokstok Lite is on Hold till we get past this initial success and run of the Original Rokstoks

Were Kimber's on the list? Also I'm guessing the Rokstok Lite is on Hold till we get past this initial success and run of the Original Rokstoks
From what I have read/picked up in S2H podcasts, rokstock light will be 2025, and will have a kimber option. I don’t think they have plans for the kimber in the OG rokstock.

I don't know how UM does it. Some of the customer "issues" are so petty. I would tell them here is your money back now, go **** yourself... but I guess that's why they don't let me near the phones, computers, or customers when I am there. HAHA!
Which is why people are asking questions about minor imperfections here rather than calling UM first. Trying to avoid being "that customer".

It’s important to remember internet socials are weird places for humans to interact in. Even when everyone has something in common. On one hand, it’s like asking your friend if something is normal or not before calling CS because you dont want to be an annoying customer. On the other hand, nobody ever asks 1,000 friends at the same time, including people that actually work for the company. In that way it appears more like call out or your blasting the company.

Which is why people are asking questions about minor imperfections here rather than calling UM first. Trying to avoid being "that customer".
I’m not even talking about the crackhead Rokslide customer(myself included). There are conversations in that shop with customers that are absolutely comically insane.

and you are correct this thread is meant for feedback so I will add this. I can find imperfections on every brand of stock in Jakes shop. Carbon stocks are hard to make cosmetically perfect.

I’m not even talking about the crackhead Rokslide customer(myself included). There are conversations in that shop with customers that are absolutely comically insane.

and you are correct this thread is meant for feedback so I will add this. I can find imperfections on every brand of stock in Jakes shop. Carbon stocks are hard to make cosmetically perfect.
IMG_5329.jpeg

I’m having some challenges with my MT bottom metal and magazines not functioning in the Rokstock. I can’t get them to seat at all. I’ve tried two different after market mags and OEM with no luck. It is super tight to get the bottom metal in, so I’m wondering if I need to slightly open up the inlet?

They work pretty well with OEM btw metal. With the OEM mag working the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to use my dremel tool and the straight tip that looks like a drill bit / rotozip and carefully cut and open up the area where the mag release is in my Rokstok. My factory bottom dropped right in.
My Waters Rifleman bottom was too tight. I removed about 1/16”. I also sanded sides down along mag well to ease mag pinch.

Was thos supposed to be helpful or just useless
It was meant to be helpful. Ask yourself what in a carbon barrel are you most after? If it’s weight savings, then you are spending a disproportionate amount of money to achieve the 1-3 ounces that you will save on a 20-22” barrel. What he is trying to communicate is that you can buy a very nice steel barrel with fluting to your desires and come out saving 20-40% cost for a 1-3oz weight penalty. Then, you can take that extra money and use it to shoot.

It was meant to be helpful. Ask yourself what in a carbon barrel are you most after? If it’s weight savings, then you are spending a disproportionate amount of money to achieve the 1-3 ounces that you will save on a 20-22” barrel. What he is trying to communicate is that you can buy a very nice steel barrel with fluting to your desires and come out saving 20-40% cost for a 1-3oz weight penalty. Then, you can take that extra money and use it to shoot.

You don't need fluting to be lighter than a proof prefit with a steel barrel.

@cptorrez3 I wouldn't hesitate to use a proof prefit, seems there's lots of happy customers. I just wouldn't pay a premium over a quality steel blank for one because I wouldn't expect any performance benefits.

Last edited:
And depending on the contour, you could actually save weight by going with a steel barrel. Carbon barrels are only lighter than their same contour steel equivalent. A steel sporter will be lighter typically.

Back