RokStok

philcox

WKR
Anyone know if any discounts coming for Memorial Day? Gonna pull the trigger, but my timing usually horrid and find out “Sale” afterwards!

Anyone know if any discounts coming for Memorial Day? Gonna pull the trigger, but my timing usually horrid and find out “Sale” afterwards!
I seriously doubt it considering that they have a bunch of preorders to fill currently

I honestly don’t see any sales happening on rokstoks, I think the whole idea was to get the price down, they are already much cheaper than other CF stocks…

On the other hand, I’m wrong a lot 😏

philcox

WKR
I seriously doubt it considering that they have a bunch of preorders to fill currently

I honestly don’t see any sales happening on rokstoks, I think the whole idea was to get the price down, they are already much cheaper than other CF stocks…

On the other hand, I’m wrong a lot 😏
Prob right, but figured I’d ask …

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m not even talking about the crackhead Rokslide customer(myself included). There are conversations in that shop with customers that are absolutely comically insane.
To be fair those go both ways. I called for an update about an action I sent in 7 weeks ago (6weeks lead time stated) and got a spattering of answers that I couldn't make sense of. Like nitride is 3-4 weeks so it'll be that much longer, I reiterated they've had it 7weeks, then something about a machinist picking it up (listing a date 5weeks after they had it) and in the end couldn't really tell me when to expect it and they were busy and working on it. All polite but just confusing and useless as far as getting an idea of when I might actually get my action back and what was up. I mean if it got lost on a shelf for a while or a delay in machining and they actually articulated that then it would at least make sense and while a bummer be understandable. I just gave up trying to figure out what was up on the call. Its going into my rokstok anyways which is a bit out still I'm sure (late Dec order) so we'll see what happens in a few weeks I guess.

Jimbee

WKR
To be fair those go both ways. I called for an update about an action I sent in 7 weeks ago (6weeks lead time stated) and got a spattering of answers that I couldn't make sense of. Like nitride is 3-4 weeks so it'll be that much longer, I reiterated they've had it 7weeks, then something about a machinist picking it up (listing a date 5weeks after they had it) and in the end couldn't really tell me when to expect it and they were busy and working on it. All polite but just confusing and useless as far as getting an idea of when I might actually get my action back and what was up. I mean if it got lost on a shelf for a while or a delay in machining and they actually articulated that then it would at least make sense and while a bummer be understandable. I just gave up trying to figure out what was up on the call. Its going into my rokstok anyways which is a bit out still I'm sure (late Dec order) so we'll see what happens in a few weeks I guess.
My nitrided action/barrel was scheduled to be chambered about a month ago. It was supposed to ship last week. Rokstocks were maybe going to ship any day now(couple weeks ago). Haven't heard anything. I've paid for everything quite awhile ago.

philcox

WKR
Anyone have a link to where I can see the patterns/colors/etc. options for the Rokstock? I think there was something somewhere in the 239 pages, but can't remember.

lak2004

WKR
Anyone have a link to where I can see the patterns/colors/etc. options for the Rokstock? I think there was something somewhere in the 239 pages, but can't remember.
It's on their website. But I cannot open their site on any computer, comes up with security warnings.
@Unknown Munitions might want to see what's going on, I can only open your site on a mobile device. Maybe it's just me?

philcox

WKR
It's on their website. But I cannot open their site on any computer, comes up with security warnings.
@Unknown Munitions might want to see what's going on, I can only open your site on a mobile device. Maybe it's just me?
I don't see any "single color or basic sponge" images. I only see the 2-3 color sponge. Also, I am assuming "Scatter and Splatter" is the Pattern options. Not intuitive, and I really don't want to make a mistake on the order.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
To be fair those go both ways. I called for an update about an action I sent in 7 weeks ago (6weeks lead time stated) and got a spattering of answers that I couldn't make sense of. Like nitride is 3-4 weeks so it'll be that much longer, I reiterated they've had it 7weeks, then something about a machinist picking it up (listing a date 5weeks after they had it) and in the end couldn't really tell me when to expect it and they were busy and working on it. All polite but just confusing and useless as far as getting an idea of when I might actually get my action back and what was up. I mean if it got lost on a shelf for a while or a delay in machining and they actually articulated that then it would at least make sense and while a bummer be understandable. I just gave up trying to figure out what was up on the call. It’s going into my rokstok anyways which is a bit out still I'm sure (late Dec order) so we'll see what happens in a few weeks I guess.
Everything goes both ways. As you know from Custom sewing you don’t always hit your timeline and customers are fun. Tanya’s Action took 11 weeks. I swear on the UM site it says 12 weeks total.

...and now it works. Try clearing your cache (ctrl+shift+R in Google Chrome). That seemed to work for me. It's been happening on and off for me for the last couple of weeks. I chalked it up to a security setting, and added UM to my safe sites, but it's still randomly happening.

I don't see any "single color or basic sponge" images. I only see the 2-3 color sponge. Also, I am assuming "Scatter and Splatter" is the Pattern options. Not intuitive, and I really don't want to make a mistake on the order.
You should be able to reference their image gallery, or provide an image with color codes. I don't believe you're only limited to the patterns noted on the Rokstock order page. Reviewing Jake's posts in this thread through the search linked below might help as well.

Edit: here's a good one

...and now it works. Try clearing your cache (ctrl+shift+R in Google Chrome). That seemed to work for me. It's been happening on and off for me for the last couple of weeks. I chalked it up to a security setting, and added UM to my safe sites, but it's still randomly happening.
I was also having issues at home with their site. Works on my phone if I'm on cell service but not on wifi. Figured it was a clear cache thing or wifi issue. Ty

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Everything goes both ways. As you know from Custom sewing you don’t always hit your timeline and customers are fun. Tanya’s Action took 11 weeks. I swear on the UM site it says 12 weeks total.
Lead time on their site (same when I ordered) "Lead time is 3 weeks total for machine and Cerakote work, add 3 MORE weeks for Nitride." IE six weeks.

BUT it wasn't the timeline issue that was worth discussing. I was replying because the answers I was getting were bizarre (kinda like your statement about customers comments). It was fragmented statements that didn't make sense on their own.

"Hi I sent in an action 7 weeks ago, lead time was 6 weeks at the time, I am just curious about the current status" = "Lead time on nitride is 3-4weeks so it'll be a few weeks"
"I sent it in 7 weeks ago are you saying it just went into nitride?" = "Looks like the machinist picked it up early May"
(Keep in mind my response question was when did it go to nitride because the first answer I got was in regards to the lead time for nitride so that reply stating a date about a machinist doesn't clearly answer anything. Is this an outside machinist and if so what phase of the process are they involved in, the whole thing, just the nitride phase, etc. Was that a way of trying to say their internal machinist picked it off the shelf early May? See how its bizarre)

I wouldn't be scratching my head if they said "Looks like your action didn't get started on till early May and just went off to Nitride so it'll be 3-4weeks from now". That is a complete and clear answer, lol.

I think UM just needs to follow XLR/Proof/etc. leads and just quote very long but conservative turnaround times.

Jake - stop trying to offer quality, affordable AND fast. Pick two!

If I were the webmaster I would just quote one year turnaround on everything, and try to exceed everyone's expectations. As long as quality doesn't slip they'll be slammed with Rokslide orders no matter what, but at least they'll spend 90% less time on the phone listening to people bitch about quoted lead times.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I think UM just needs to follow XLR/Proof/etc. leads and just quote very long but conservative turnaround times.

Jake - stop trying to offer quality, affordable AND fast. Pick two!

If I were the webmaster I would just quote one year turnaround on everything, and try to exceed everyone's expectations. As long as quality doesn't slip they'll be slammed with Rokslide orders no matter what, but at least they'll spend 90% less time on the phone listening to people bitch about quoted lead times.

There is something to be said for under promise and over deliver. Sometimes people get angry that you sandbagged them though.

The short of it is some customers are B!tches and just need to be given their money back and told to F them selves.