Roll your own rifle

OP
SouthernShooter
I have a stock duplicator that I intend to get some hours on....some day. I have a vision of doing some Turnbull type stuff.
I have looked at some of the diy stock duplicators. If it hasn’t come across yet I just really like to build stuff. Even when it building stuff to build other stuff.

Wapiti1

WKR
I know several guys that run duplicators. They take a lot of skill and trial and error to run well. I'm good with a planer and chisel.

Jeremy

260madman

WKR
My Savage 22-250 that I screwed a 260 Criterion on. 28” long 1:8 twist 1” diameter 8# chunk of stainless. B&C stock that when I handled it I thought why the hell did I buy this chunk of turd. Turns out I really like the stock.

Shot this doe at 540 yards kneeling off of my garden stake shooting sticks covered in hockey tape.

C9789D81-C700-4F9A-935F-0F9D8D5D3592.jpeg

Wrench

WKR
I know several guys that run duplicators. They take a lot of skill and trial and error to run well. I'm good with a planer and chisel.

Jeremy
I've made several different styluses to cut down on my margin of error. I bought it from a no name smith in a small town in Oregon that had some gorgeous stocks he'd roughed on it.

If I can do half as well.....I'll be proud.