Rooftop Tent

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
I've been considering a rooftop tent for on top of my truck topper.

My goal is to have something I can pitch quick, and know it's ready to go. With that in mind, I've been looking at hardshell "fold up" styles, vs the "fold over" styles that come with a soft cover.

Anyone chime in with their experience? Looks like I'll be giving up space (by easily 50%) going with a hardshell vs a flip-over. Part of me wonders if having the extra room would trump the ease of a hardshell.

I have the larger iKamper skycamp hard shell and it’s awesome 95% of the time. King sized bed, winter camping no problem. The issue I had recently was in Wyoming wind and the damn thing felt like it was going to blow off the truck in the middle of the night.

I’d recommend a hard shell all day long if you plan on moving around.

Ive got a CVT sofshell. 2nd largest they make. Will sleep 3 with dogs very easily. Had grand designs of using it for hunting and never materialized. I just leave it home now and ground tent. We have it set up on a trailer now as well, so easy to pull it and dump it off where we want.

Currently thinking about getting rid of it and going to a van actually. Would probably get used more for sure.

Attachments

• tentjeep.jpg
    tentjeep.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 21

Ucsdryder

WKR
2000 dollars?! A tent and cot is 300 and you won’t break your damn neck when you wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss and forget your 10 feet off the ground.