Rosebud Reservation- SD

Joe5000

FNG
Hello-

Looking at hunting rosebud res this fall in SD for bird hunting. I know you need a guide to hunt there.

I have read both good and bad with in regards to being on the res

Anyone hunt there? Is it hard to figure out what land is legal or the rules etc? Hope the guide would know that?

Thanks

WCB

WKR
Are they eve letting non members on? I agree with above...avoid the hassle. I've hunted all around it and never desired to cross the line.

OP
J

Joe5000

FNG
thank you. yes I think season opens sep 1 there so thats why im considering it. I

Last I had heard the reservations in SD were blocking all non essential travel onto their lands due to corona, haven't look specifically at rosebud, but I know they were even saying some bikers would have to go around to get to Sturgis. . .

Reactions: WCB
I grew up hunting around there. There's plenty of roosters to be had on the nearby public. It's usually too hot for the dogs on the October opener anyway and most of the corn is still in then. You could always hunt sharpies earlier I suppose. I wouldn't bother with the reservation deal either way.

Superdoo

WKR
Nope Nope and Nope.
My thought on this are the opposite of the old Nike slogan.

KurtR

WKR
Last I had heard the reservations in SD were blocking all non essential travel onto their lands due to corona, haven't look specifically at rosebud, but I know they were even saying some bikers would have to go around to get to Sturgis. . .

Cheyenne River is running the road blocks Standing Rock is not and open to every one. I heard Pine ridge has some thing going but you can pass through and last i heard from a friend who guides on rosebud they are letting hunters in.

bsnedeker

WKR
So I grew up in Mitchell and moved out of SD after college so my opinion probably doesn't mean much, but I agree with the above posters...you can get into birds everywhere so why mess with the reservation? You say you're cool with paying a guide, so just pay a guide outside of the res.