RTIC 52 Quart Cooler 53% OFF ($164.99)

Thanks for the heads up!! I'm going to give the hard cooler a chance at this price. My only experience outside of the tumblers has been a soft-side 40. I have been unimpressed with the soft-side. I so badly want to like RTIC.

I don’t have any experience so I can’t provide feedback on the quality of RTIC but at this price it’s definitely worth a shot.

An affordable cooler that I do have feedback for are the Lifetime hard coolers that can be found at Walmart or Sam’s Club.

i have rtic 65 hard side cooler love it. have a 30 soft side not real impressed. like comparing apples to oranges.
Thanks for the heads up!! I'm going to give the hard cooler a chance at this price. My only experience outside of the tumblers has been a soft-side 40. I have been unimpressed with the soft-side. I so badly want to like RTIC.

An affordable cooler that I do have feedback for are the Lifetime hard coolers that can be found at Walmart or Sam’s Club.

I was eyeballing one of these last time I was at Sam's. They looked solid and I really like the way they latch.
Just ordered two of the RTICs, so I think I'm good for now.

These have been on sale for $149 on Amazon for a little while now. I've looked hard at them, but am not convinced the "lightweight" version is going to be as good as the regular ones. Would love to hear from someone who has a lightweight RTIC cooler.

^^^ me too.

What is the difference between the "lightweight" and regular?

Wondering about the durability of the light version.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have an Rtic 65 - non lightweight. Great cooler. I have looked at these lightweights because, well, regular roto molded coolers are heavy.

I will note that the website doesn’t say 53% off... it says 53% off the competition.

These have been on sale for $149 on Amazon for a little while now. I've looked hard at them, but am not convinced the "lightweight" version is going to be as good as the regular ones. Would love to hear from someone who has a lightweight RTIC cooler.

I have one these....not sure what everyone is wondering about, but i took it to kodiak island and back to iowa. On yhe wat home was completely full of frozen fish and blacktail. Everything was froze solid when i got home. Best part was with how i packed my gear, i put a duffle bag in the bottom of it and put the rest of my gear in it and i was at 49lbs so it wasnt overweight on the way to kodiak. Saved me a few bucks compared to my buddy with his yeti.

I have one these....not sure what everyone is wondering about, but i took it to kodiak island and back to iowa. On yhe wat home was completely full of frozen fish and blacktail. Everything was froze solid when i got home. Best part was with how i packed my gear, i put a duffle bag in the bottom of it and put the rest of my gear in it and i was at 49lbs so it wasnt overweight on the way to kodiak. Saved me a few bucks compared to my buddy with his yeti.

Also way nicer to move around empty i wouldnt hestitate to get another one if i needed it. I should clarify the kodiak hunt i was at a lodge so i didnt keep food in it. But it did fly there and back and will go again

Glad to hear it.

When they knock that much weight off a standard rotomolded cooler, durability questions are a natural result.

^^^ me too.

What is the difference between the "lightweight" and regular?

Wondering about the durability of the light version.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The lightweight version is injection molded as opposed to rotomolded like Rtic’s other hard sided coolers. Rotomold is how other premium cooler brands are made as it has much better ice retention capability. So I’d imagine this cooler is much more caparable to the Lifetime cooler posted than that of Yeti. I do have a regular 65 quart Rtic and love it for the price.

i have rtic 65 hard side cooler love it. have a 30 soft side not real impressed. like comparing apples to oranges.
Bummed to hear the soft coolers aren't real popular. I'm flying for a turkey hunt this year and want to get a quality, watertight soft cooler to bring them home in.

Bummed to hear the soft coolers aren't real popular. I'm flying for a turkey hunt this year and want to get a quality, watertight soft cooler to bring them home in.
If you can freeze the breasts before you fly, they will last all day if insulated in your luggage. I froze 6 breasts with dry ice on my last hunt that involved flying. Wrapped them up real good with clothes and brought on my carry on. 18 hours later they were just starting to thaw a little.

Back