Rucking pack recommendation

What do you guys use to ruck with?
I have a Kelty which works fine but squeaks like crazy.
My current set up including bag weighs 52 lbs.
If I increase weight it wouldn't be much more than 10 pounds.

Thanks

OP
Mule3006Elk
The Outdoorsman Atlas Trainer Frame System looks pretty solid for it's said purpose.
Anyone have experience with this system?

OP
Mule3006Elk
Justinspicher: Copy. I have thought about that. I want a pack that I don't care about smell or trashing it over time.

I can understand that, I’ve used the same Mystery Ranch pack for several years now and haven’t had any issues. I’m pretty cheap, so I don’t tend to keep alot of gear around if I’m not going to continually use it.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Eberlestock F1 mainframe with a 45 lb front tractor wheel weight strapped to it. That makes it just under 50 lbs with frame. When I want more weight I strap a loaded Walmart day pack to it that weighs an additional 20 lbs. Just did that yesterday. Works for me. This is the same frame I'll hunt with, I just add a dry bag to it for my gear.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Molle II ruck. Looks stupid but you can’t tear it up. I carried one in the army with 60-80 pounds and now my training load is right at 60 pounds.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just grabbed a used kifaru frame on the classifieds and use the cargo sling to go work out with, it’s my dedicated training pack.

blkntancj

FNG
I use a USMC ILBE pack, but i swapped out the waist belt for a Hill People Gear Prairie belt. Pack weighs about 9 1/2 lbs and a 40 lb bag of wood pellets fits perfect and makes it right about 50 lbs.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I use a kifaru reckoning personally.
my buddy uses his army ACU ruck. I used his ruck one day while he tried my pack. We both agree that the military ruck was really good .

slivver71

FNG
I used a Mystery Ranch ASAP for rucking for the past 2 years, but sold it cause i couldn't justify keeping an expensive pack and using it just 1-2 times a week. I got a GR1 for cheap and a Mission Workshop cycling pack that i alternate for rucking. But, the Mystery Ranch and Kifaru packs I've had in the past are THE most comfortable I've ever had. I was in the Army in the 90's and those old rucks we used WE'RE NOT comfortable for anything!

I just picked up a Marine Recon ILBE made by Propper. The shoulder straps are nice. I did not like the waste belt so I replaced it with a Kifaru Duplex. Know its perfect. The pack itself is heavy but its load rating is awesome. I also had a Horn Hunter full curl system. I just sold that the other day. Have not missed it.

Goruck or Kifaru packs.
The lack of a frame in the goruck is a real disappointment. I tried a GR2 for a while, and did a few gorucks, but they just don't compete with modern packs. At least for me.

For training, I use the same type of pack I hunt with. SO revolution/fortress.

hunting1

WKR
The lack of a frame in the goruck is a real disappointment. I tried a GR2 for a while, and did a few gorucks, but they just don't compete with modern packs. At least for me.

For training, I use the same type of pack I hunt with. SO revolution/fortress.
The Goruck have a sheet frame, I have plenty of hunting packs but if you do goruck events or Crossfit the frame doesn’t work. Cool if it doesn't work for you, but they are kind of built for the task. the plates make it pretty rigid as well.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the pack I hunt with (an Exo K3). I just bought my wife an SO Revolution frame, so I will give that a try too.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I ended up giving the kifaru hunter frame to a buddy and just throwing my cargo net onto a kifaru tactical frame that I’ve had for a few years.

Plivey

FNG
The Outdoorsman Atlas Trainer Frame System looks pretty solid for it's said purpose.
Anyone have experience with this system?
My 2 cents... I've used the Atlas trainer for the past few years and put lots of miles on it. I've got no complaints with the quality of the build or any of the components - its both solid and still functions like new after extensive use. The system holds the plates tight and is stable on the body while rucking - the load is so close to your back that its pretty maneuverable even in weird situations like climbing over deadfall off trail. However, as someone who is 6'4", I have a significant complaint with the fit of the Outdoorsmans frame system. Despite situating the belt at the VERY top of my hips and cinching it down TIGHT, there is almost no way to get a disproportionate amount weight off the top of my shoulders. This is due to the load lifter attachment points and the lack of height adjustment there (frame is just not tall enough for me). I've tried everything from looping the lifter connections up over the top of the frame and connecting them from back to front, as well as trying to position the frame higher on the suspension. There's just not much adjustment available when it comes to torso length. Unfortunately, since I'm a bit taller, I can't get the frame to sit high enough and there's no way to get the suspension to put the remaining load onto the front of my shoulders vs directly on top. Its not a complete deal breaker for short 2-3 mile rucks and moderate weight of 60-70lbs, but the system definitely doesn't fit me particularly well and puts A LOT of unnecessary strain on the top of my shoulders vs transferring it to my hips. I suspect this system works great for the right body type (6' or less), but taller guys need to be aware that this thing may not fit them particularly well. Also, the belt system uses the old lateral pull design (pulling away from center) to tighten the belt - would be better if the belt used a more modern center pull design where the belt tights when pull tabs can de drawn forward and toward the middle of the buckle.