Ruger American Rimfire 22

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to put a scope on my bolt action 22. Wondering if anyone here has done this and what scope mounts/scope combos they used and any feedback with that. Thanks in advance.

Goal would be small game hunting and cheap fun rifle to shoot at the range. With the iron sights I can barely see out to 50 yards and I would like to be able to group more easily at that distance and even 100 if possible.

You don’t have to go crazy on a scope for that purpose. Most anything would work fine, but the Vortex Copperhead line is decent without putting down too much cash. If that’s too much, Walmart used to (haven’t looked in a while) 3-9x32 Tascos or Simmons scopes for like $40.

Or, watch classifieds for any (almost literally “any”) used 2-7, 3-9, or 4-12 scope in whatever price range you have.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
We put a Nikon Target EFR on the one we got for my wife with a basic set of, I believe, Warne mounts. The combo's a shooter - plinking golf balls at 100 yards on the range out back is just about automatic.

You might be able to find one of the Nikon's on sale or lightly used now that they've gotten out of the riflescope business.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a few leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7 scopes that have done a great job for me for several years. I know they make the vx freedom rimfire scopes now, not sure how good they are but the other vx freedom stuff sucks so I’d expect the same.

OP
1234AveA

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
We put a Nikon Target EFR on the one we got for my wife with a basic set of, I believe, Warne mounts. The combo's a shooter - plinking golf balls at 100 yards on the range out back is just about automatic.

You might be able to find one of the Nikon's on sale or lightly used now that they've gotten out of the riflescope business.

Did you get the mount that goes directly on the rifle or use a base and put rings on top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk