Running with a Kit Bag

balto68

FNG
Gonna grab myself an HPG kit bag of some variety - either the original or the runners. For those who have experience with these bags, how well would the original kit bag work for running with just a Glock 19-sized pistol and little/nothing else? Does it hold the pistol close to the chest without it bumping around? Or is the runners kit bag really the only way to go for running?

CKWY97

FNG
I've only used a recon (same footprint as the runner's) with my 19 and the snubby with a Sig P365 but it really shouldn't be too much of an issue to run with the original. As long as you have the shock cord stabilizer strap, it should keep bounce to a minimum. Now if you load up the front compartments on the original with other stuff, then I could see it being an issue or sagging a bit.

slvrslngr

WKR
I've got the Recon and my G29 rides fine in it. Use the stabilizer strap from HPG or a piece of para cord (that's what I use) to keep it from bouncing. A G19 will ride fine in the runners bag.

Running/hiking a long distance thing this fall through grizz country. What pack/setup would people recommend in 2022? Righit now I have a XDM 10mm but looking at a single stack Glock to lighten the load