S-corp set-up

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I already have one s-corp that I had an attorney do for me and manage the annual filings etc, it was expensive to set up and the annual things arent cheap either. I need to set up another one and am looking to save money by going through legal zoom or a similar site. Seems easy enough and saves some money, just wondering if anyone went this route vs using a lawyer or cpa and can offer insight.

def90

WKR
Do you actually need an S-Corp or can you get by with an LLC and file with the IRS as an S-Corp?

That's what I do. I filed the LLC with the state for about $25 back in 2004 (this is free online in Colorado now) and my accountant did the paperwork for the IRS S-Corp status.

OP
B

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, the S-corp is what I need. Any input on the online services that do the initial start up is appreciated.

def90

WKR
Do you work with a local accountant? What state are you in? In Colorado it's free to file any business entity online. The only thing left would be what ever corporate minutes and shareholder fillings you would need to do which you're accountant should be able to handle. Any online service is going to charge you an arm and a leg for something you can do yourself.

Do you actually need an S-Corp or can you get by with an LLC and file with the IRS as an S-Corp?

That's what I do. I filed the LLC with the state for about $25 back in 2004 (this is free online in Colorado now) and my accountant did the paperwork for the IRS S-Corp status.
That’s what I’ve done… a couple times. Call me crazy but chat GPT can answer a lot of thee questions.