Sad day for Canadian gun owners

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Lets not turn this into a politician name calling thread.
Yes please don’t. My point of posting this is to inform people of what’s going on up here and that guys in the USA should take notice. There are a lot of similarities between us and I think you are headed down the same path as us although you have some constitutional protections against it, this is the way a lot of people in your country would like to go.
Stand up for what you believe in.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Oh and I’m sorry I get in to the name calling a little, I will do my best to tame the anger ;)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes please don’t. My point of posting this is to inform people of what’s going on up here and that guys in the USA should take notice. There are a lot of similarities between us and I think you are headed down the same path as us although you have some constitutional protections against it, this is the way a lot of people in your country would like to go.
Stand up for what you believe in.
Exactly why I want this to stay on course.

I wish we could undo the left's hijacking of the term "liberal". They aren't liberal at all.

Trudeau isn’t on the left. He’s about as neoliberal as they come.

Sled

WKR
Did I read correctly that Canada put a "temporary" halt on the sale of handguns?

I guess you can always carry some salt with your pepper spray.

kingsfoil

FNG
Trudeau isn’t on the left. He’s about as neoliberal as they come.
That's interesting. I think of liberals as being for the freedom of individuals. Seems like a left leaning lurch to me. Here in the US the left-wing seems to have taken over the moniker "liberal" to my annoyance.

Sled

WKR
That's interesting. I think of liberals as being for the freedom of individuals. Seems like a left leaning lurch to me. Here in the US the left-wing seems to have taken over the moniker "liberal" to my annoyance.

Your thinking libertarian. The two party system in the US is failing. Both parties no longer have a firm grasp on their roots or values.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Today the Liberal/NDP/Bloc coalition government broke the glass on a typical Liberal distraction tool – gun bans. With Canadians reeling from a failed economy, tripling of taxes looming, 1.5M Canadians using foodbanks, hospitals overwhelmed with sick children who can’t even get Tylenol, Chinese interference in elections and of course a terrible showing at the Public Order Emergency Commission, the Liberals needed the media and Canadians in general talking about something other than their failures.

On behalf of this coalition, the Liberals added a disastrous amendment to Bill C-21 effectively prohibiting several million additional, individual rifles and shotguns. These new prohibitions will include:

SKS
IWI Tavor & X-95
all AR180 and variants
Canuck bullpup shotguns
Crusader Arms
Kel-Tec Sub2000 (and others)
JR Carbine
Kriss Vector
Ruger PC Carbine
GSG 16
GSG 15
Norinco T97 NSR
Benelli MR1
Benelli M4
all B&T models
countless others
This amendment has been put forward by the Liberals and they have the votes to add it to Bill C-21. If Bill C-21 passes, and again they do have the votes, these firearms as well as all formerly prohibited firearms will be enshrined in legislation.

Bill C-21 also now prohibits ALL CENTERFIRE SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearms with removable magazines.

Back in 2020, the Liberals banned over 2000 models and variants of hunting and sporting guns commonly owned and used safely by gun owners across the country. They said gun owners would be compensated for this loss and were welcome to purchase other guns as replacements…now, they’ve come for the rest of them. This is why nobody can trust a word these people say. But hey conspiracy theorists – they’re not “coming for your guns”.

So take notice Canada, yes they are, and it doesn’t matter what they told you yesterday or what they tell you tomorrow.

The CCFR will come forward with a plan and provide more information in the coming days. Please continue to support your organization as we will fight these corrupt political parties (Liberal\NDP\Bloc and of course the Green Party), in every possible way.

Your thinking libertarian. The two party system in the US is failing. Both parties no longer have a firm grasp on their roots or values.
I'd agree, stateside, we have the left and right, politically, who seem to only swing farther to their group
-classic big business Republicans fortifying around the country club days and big biz
-the libertarian 3% wearing their goofy hats
-the trump to DeSantis group
-classic democrats-i always say the john deer union democrats of the 60s-kennedy
-the weird democrats like Manchin and gabbard
-the crazy left side and their goofy hats.

Meanwhile, that group above is trying to outdo each other in their tribal groups.

Meanwhile, I think many Americans are all wtf, I don't know how any of yall got elected, yall just burned the world down, and are exceptionally out of touch.

Or there's just that much of an imperfect perfect union going on and it's all balkanizing and no one quite knows why.

Time will tell.

Not so much as it was granted to them by the radical right who didn't understand enough about the term to get the name-calling correct. LOL

The two party system can go to he** as far as I'm concerned. It's a huge waste of our time, money and energy.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
The latest ban list is stalled until at least the spring. Rumours of an upcoming election may kill it if it's called before it passes. Fingers crossed.

Dec 14 2022
Ottawa, Ontario

A cabinet bill to restrict hunting rifles faces months-long delays that will drag into next spring. Opposition MPs yesterday voted 6 to 5 to block attempts to rush the bill through the Commons public safety committee.

“We are out of time,” said Liberal MP Ron McKinnon (Coquitlam-Port Coquitlam, B.C.), chair of the committee. “This is the Wild West we’re in right now,” added McKinnon.

Conservative, Bloc Québécois and New Democrat MPs proposed eight public hearings on the bill. An opposition motion suggested the committee travel “across Canada as soon as possible to rural, northern and Indigenous communities to hear from impacted individuals.”

Chair McKinnon noted cross-country hearings would delay consideration of the bill until the start of the next fiscal year beginning April 1, 2023. “As a practical matter we probably can’t travel until at least April,” said McKinnon.

Bill C-21 An Act To Amend Certain Acts was introduced in the Commons last May 30. It proposed to ban new sales of licensed handguns in Canada.

Cabinet subsequently issued an August 19 executive order banning legal imports of handguns under the Export And Import Permits Act, the same law used to restrict imports of Wisconsin cheese. A second November 9 order under the Firearms Act banned domestic handgun sales.

Liberal MPs in the public safety committee subsequently introduced November 24 amendments to the unfinished Bill C-21 to ban use of “a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun that is capable of discharging centre fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner.” Cabinet also attempted to attached to the bill a lengthy schedule of prohibited guns by make and model.

“I do think it’s offensive,” Conservative MP Raquel Dancho (Kildonan-St. Paul, Man.) yesterday told the committee. The proposed amendments were so broad they would ban lever action rifles, “obviously classic hunting rifles,” said Dancho.

“We’re talking classic wood stock hunting rifles that are being used that will be banned by this,” said Dancho. “That’s really the problem we’re coming down to. I don’t necessarily see a path forward.”

New Democrat MP Alistair MacGregor (Cowichan-Malahat, B.C.) said initial support for Bill C-21 had evaporated due to cabinet’s amendment to broaden its scope. “Some members of my caucus had not received one single piece of correspondence until this amendment dropped and now it’s making up half their correspondence,” said MacGregor.

“In politics as in life trust is easily broken but it’s extremely hard to repair,” said MacGregor. “The way this amendment landed has frankly been a complete and total abuse of process.”

Liberal MP Taleeb Noormohamed (Vancouver Granville) said the bill now appeared stalled for months. “Because we decided to go on trips we’re going to hold this legislation back until April at the earliest?” said Noormohamed.

“The idea we would now sit, effectively unable to move this legislation forward, at the very least until we return from whatever travel in April and then try to spend three weeks trying to do this, to me I just don’t understand,” said Noormohamed.

Wrongside

WKR

A round of applause to our friends up north.
Good job
I wish it was a victory worthy of applause. All they did was withdraw some of their last minute amendments with the most extreme measures. They're still pushing ahead with the bulk of C21, and I'm sure they'll 'circle back' to these additional measures later.