Sad day.....

Wrench

WKR
I'm going to have to break down and buy my 3rd bottle of RCBS case lube. I started this journey in 1992, bought my second bottle a few years ago and it didn't get capped tight and leaked some out.

In the last 30 years I've used 1.2 bottles of that magic sauce.

I never thought I'd make it into a 3rd bottle.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I'm going to have to break down and buy my 3rd bottle of RCBS case lube. I started this journey in 1992, bought my second bottle a few years ago and it didn't get capped tight and leaked some out.

I have one near full that I'll send ya, I hate that goop.

rayporter

WKR
i still have my first bottle of rcbs lube from the mid 60's.

also have my first tin of imperial die wax frome LeClear industries in newark ohio, but it is prettly low and i have new tin that i use now.

Jtenkink

FNG
I got caught being cocky and not using enough of the case lube the other day, resulted in a stuck case one one of the last pieces of brass I was sizing. Learned 2 things that day, how to drill and tap a case for removal, also don’t forget to add lube to the pad every so often. That RCBS stuff works great, as long as you use it. Haha!

Harvey_NW

WKR
I hear that from people and wonder, what could possibly be easier or cheaper?
I just like the convenience of spray, and doing my whole lot at once. I was using one shot which was okay, but I recently mixed up a batch of homemade lube with 10:1 lanolin oil and 99% rubbing alcohol, talk about buttery smooth sizing. That lanolin oil is a little sticky so I tumbled in white rice afterward and it comes out clean and dry.

Rob5589

WKR
I hear that from people and wonder, what could possibly be easier or cheaper?
I use Imperial wax and have a system that is quick and easy. Never had a stuck case using it. Still using the original tin from over 10 years ago.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
It took me a bit to figure this stuff out. Pretty much, if you can feel it.... you're using too much.

I load for 30 different cartridges and have loaded an easy 50k rounds of rifle with the stuff. I find the time on the case pad is the last opportunity to check the case heads for issues.

I've considered the lanolin route, but when the first bottle lasted 30k rounds....I couldn't imagine much improvement.

EdP

WKR
I use Imperial wax and have a system that is quick and easy. Never had a stuck case using it. Still using the original tin from over 10 years ago.

Rob, would you share your system with us? I'd like to find a better/faster way than I am using.

Rob5589

WKR
Rob, would you share your system with us? I'd like to find a better/faster way than I am using.
System is overstating it, more like a method. I just swipe two fingers in the tin, and roll the case between them as I pull it from the tray, insert in press, pull, repeat. It takes very little lube, just enough to feel between your fingers.

EdP

WKR
OK, thanks. I do something similar but using a rag. It works fine but is slow compared with rolling 10 cases on a lube pad. My lube pad has STP on it, and STP works fine and a quart will last a lifetime, but I like the wax.

I use Lee resizing lube that comes in the tube. Put a small dab in the palm of my hand take four or five cases, roll them back-and-forth between my palms. Keeps it on the case walls and not the neck/shoulder. Also have use the RCBS case lube pad with the Lee lube and it works fine that way too. After the cases are lubed, rinse the hands and I'm on to resizing. A tube goes a long ways.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I'm still working on a bottle that came with my Rockchucker from
prolly 30+ years ago.

chase4545

FNG

Yeah, that stuff really goes a long way.

Azone

WKR
I have had the same bottle for 12 years. It’s been used to saturate two different pads as my first pad got crushed while moving a few years back.