Salmon, ID to Bozeman, MT

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone going to be heading from Salmon, ID to anywhere near Bozeman, MT over the next few days? I bought a GSP puppy for my wife for Christmas. I was supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow and now I'm at the ER with a pregnant wife who fell this morning and can barely walk.

I'd love to have someone pick it up on their way and be able to meet closer to here (if not here if you're going east on 90).

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Is anyone going to be heading from Salmon, ID to anywhere near Bozeman, MT over the next few days? I bought a GSP puppy for my wife for Christmas. I was supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow and now I'm at the ER with a pregnant wife who fell this morning and can barely walk.

I'd love to have someone pick it up on their way and be able to meet closer to here (if not here if you're going east on 90).

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

That sucks. Hope your wife gets better. If someone gets it to Butte for you, I may have to go to Butte for business in the next day or so. Its not for sure, but I may be able to get it from there for you.

I really appreciate it. I'll let you know. I would like to just go get it; but, she (my wife) won't be able to sit in the car that long and I don't want to leave her at home by herself that long. Catch 22.

It was going to be perfect. My wife works at a vet clinic. I was going to pick up the dog yesterday and then make an appointment at the vet clinic. They were going to be in on it so my wife would walk in the room for the appointment and I'd be there with her puppy with a bow on it.

Now she's on bed rest until next week. The part I'm most bummed about is that she won't even be able to play with the pup until she's better. Really hoping she just tweaked something and it'll be better in a few days.

I'll keep you posted. The breeder is trying to figure it a way to make it work, as well.

Thanks to those who offered to help. I went and got him today. Didn't want to leave the wife alone for that long; but, she was doin a little better and it worked out.

image_zpsvu0loxjr.jpeg

image_zpsld4lkhqx.jpeg

Yeah, he doesn't suck.

I just hope I can turn him into a half decent gun dog. I've done a ton of retriever training but I've never trained a pointer specifically for pointing.

Hopefully I don't screw him up.

Yeah, he doesn't suck.

I just hope I can turn him into a half decent gun dog. I've done a ton of retriever training but I've never trained a pointer specifically for pointing.

Hopefully I don't screw him up.

Since you live in Bozeman, have you thought about joining the Headwaters Gun Dog club? They meet out at Headwaters state park by Three Forks. I think the pointers meet every Thursday in the spring and summer. http://www.mhgdc.org/pointers.htm They'd be a good place for some help. I don't have a griffon like I want.....yet, so I'm not a member, but plan on joining when I get a dog.

And I'll throw in my two cents for spoiling it lots at Dee-o-gee. (my buddy's wife works there)

Since you live in Bozeman, have you thought about joining the Headwaters Gun Dog club? They meet out at Headwaters state park by Three Forks. I think the pointers meet every Thursday in the spring and summer. http://www.mhgdc.org/pointers.htm They'd be a good place for some help. I don't have a griffon like I want.....yet, so I'm not a member, but plan on joining when I get a dog.

And I'll throw in my two cents for spoiling it lots at Dee-o-gee. (my buddy's wife works there)

Hey 2ski,

I have. I contacted them last week about the club and meeting times. They also suggested coming to their banquet on January 30th.

I'm definitely planning on meeting up with them throughout the spring and summer.

Back