Samsung vs apple

Jmort1754

WKR
S22 ultra vs 13 pro Max

What side are you on? Why?

Long debate at work has me wondering.

Apple. But that's all I've had. Seems much more intuitive to me at least to operate. Tried using my buddy's Samsung during our Wyoming hunt in 2020 to look at his OnX Waypoints and it was painful.

CorbLand

WKR
I cant speak to what is better or worse but can give my explanation.

I had a iPhone that was getting old so I took advantage of an upgrade (back when upgrades could be had to signing a contract and paying a couple hundred bucks.) I decided on a Samsung as it had a better camera and this is when PhoneSkope was getting popular. I liked the Samsung once I got use to it which took some time. I was sitting on the couch with the phone next to me. I knocked it off the couch and it fell onto the carpeted floor and the screen, not the glass, the screen cracked. Took it back and got an iPhone. Will never go back to a Samsung.

Last edited:

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 22 ultra and I love it. I use the stylus literally every day. The camera is amazing as well and it in my opinion blows the iPhone out of the water, but I have never liked apple anything, so my answer is bias lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I’ve tried going to the dark side (Android) a few times, but always find myself wanting to get back into an iPhone. I do really like my 13 Pro Max. No real scientific reasons, just prefer the iPhone “feel” and of course the blue iMessages lol.

MattB

WKR
Had an andriod, briefly went to an iPhone, got an S8 and had it for a few years with no problems, family coerced me to go back to Apple (11) and wished I hadn't. Have had a few issues with Bluetooth in the car and pics not backing up to the cloud.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Samsung and like Android. My wife has an Apple and liks IOS. I can already say between those two specs would not be enough to overrule operating system preference.

I have used Apple, and help my wife with her stuff, however being stuck with doing things Apple's way annoys me. My wife, on the other hand, loves not having to tweak settings.

Intuitive is mostly what people are use to. I hate trying to navigate my wifes Apple products.

This goes back to the old PC vs. Mac debate.
Apple= intuitive, user friendly, ultimate plug and play compatibility, less "thinking" great for families
PC/Android= highly customizable, "better" overall performance, and expanded list of features

I have iPhone 13 Pro and haven't noticed much difference between my old iPhone X other than better camera and longer battery life. I like it for the size too as it still fits in a shirt pocket and Kuhl cell phone pocket in my pants.

The vast majority of apps are all written for iOS and Android anymore, and performance on each is very similar. The real differences are in speed, camera, features, and accessories. I'm not passionate about either phone, just been using apple for so long with work never motivated to change. Had palm pilots, Blackberries, etc..., in the past and for what I use a mobile phone for these days (talk, text, email, handful of apps) the iphone has been fine.

ODB

WKR
Unless I can have my old BlackBerry back I will only use Apple. We’ve been an Apple house since 2004. Not a brand loyalty thing, it’s a “it works together easily” thing.

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 12 and like it, haven’t had any problems with it. I shattered the back glass when I threw it after I got shot, and to get it fixed they had to heat up the back to peel the old glass off. It ended up heating up the battery too and now it won’t hold a charge as long as before. I’ve had both and prefer apple, but android seems to have longer battery life.

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
Apple- Just works, most new apps are Apple first
Android- More customizable, cheaper

I have the 12 and like it, haven’t had any problems with it. I shattered the back glass when I threw it after I got shot, and to get it fixed they had to heat up the back to peel the old glass off. It ended up heating up the battery too and now it won’t hold a charge as long as before. I’ve had both and prefer apple, but android seems to have longer battery life.
You can have a repair shop swap the battery for less than $100. Had to do that on my daughter's old 8 a couple times.

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z...not the greatest camera but everything else is seamless. Can't think of a single thing to hate on it, and it folds up old-school to fit in any pocket. Its the top of my list for best phones at this point.-WW

kind of a moot argument. You're either one or the other. I've never met someone who likes both

I'm android all day everyday. I legitimately tried to like apple. I bought an Iphone and used it for 18 months. I mastered using it, but still did not like it. The interface wasn't intuitive for me so I switched back to android and went with Samsung. I've been happy with my last 3 samsung products. S9, S10+ and the earbuds

WCB

WKR
I cant speak to what is better or worse but can give my explanation.

I had a iPhone that was getting old so I took advantage of an upgrade (back when upgrades could be had to signing a contract and paying a couple hundred bucks.) I decided on a Samsung as it had a better camera and this is when PhoneSkope was getting popular. I liked the Samsung once I got use to it which took some time. I was sitting on the couch with the phone next to me. I knocked it off the couch and it fell onto the carpeted floor and the screen, not the glass, the screen cracked. Took it back and got an iPhone. Will never go back to a Samsung.
Weird....I currently have an S21 and before that had a S7 and have launched them many many many times from my lap sitting into the truck onto the concrete, out of my hand onto rocks hunting, and my daughter has dropped it a time or two to say the least....zero issues (of course bought a good case and screen protector for it.

I also have an I phone 12 and previously a 7 for work (office work and travel)...broke both of them in airports just knocking them off the seat while sitting in the terminal or counter at check in. had otter cases and a screen protectors on them.