Satellite internet

robtattoo

WKR
I would rather lose hunting privlages for a year then give hughes net one more cent.
1500-2000ms latencey is their normal
50gb a month that is gone in 2 days.
the crappiest customer service ever.
even worse is their tech support. Sir your out of data would you like to buy tokens.
when their service is broke and can ping a stateless connection but not hold a stated connection and they say its the data limit.
If they figure out your not using their crappy modem as a router they will terminate your service.

^^^^^^ Very much this. We had Hughes for 8 years & in that time, probably managed 1 years worth of use. It worked perfectly until the literal day that the equipment became ours after the lease period. Every time I called I had a ridiculous runaround before finally getting a person in Bangladesh telling me that either my data was up, or the dish needed adjusting ($150 a time out of my pocket) I finally managed to get rid a couple of years ago & even that was a 3 month fight.
We persuaded AT&T to run a fiber cable to our property, a half mile from the nearest junction box (although I had to dig the trench myself) & now everything's groovy through U-Verse. Half the price too, since I can run my business phone lines through their WAPS on the same plan!