SAUM’s Share yours !! Pics Heavy !!

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my semi custom chambered in 6.5 Saum. Shoots lights out and is possibly my favorite rifle next to my Spartan 7 Rem Mag.
Built on a Tikka action that’s been trued and faced for 1.2 barrel shank by Short action Customs.
Proof 24” barrel by Paradigm Gunworx
APA little bastard brake
Sterk swept bolt knob
Mountain Tactical aluminum shroud.
Yo Dave spring in factory trigger in the picture, now has a KRG two-stage.
KRG Bravo
PST Gen 2 with Aadmount caps nightforce ultralight rings. 20 moa pinned base with oversized screws from Precision Rifle Gear.
Harris bipod with Atlas feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 38

Mag_7s

WKR
Marc does such a killer job!
Marc was recommended to me from Josh at McMillan. He said Marc does the best work he has ever seen. I called him and we talked rifles and hunting for a couple hours. Truly an awesome guy. 3 rifles later and I wouldn't consider sending work to anyone else.

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
Marc was recommended to me from Josh at McMillan. He said Marc does the best work he has ever seen. I called him and we talked rifles and hunting for a couple hours. Truly an awesome guy. 3 rifles later and I wouldn't consider sending work to anyone else.
I have two rifles built by Marc and I’m the same way. If he wasn’t so busy he would have done my Tikka but the timeline was short. He does such amazing work and is the nicest guy out there that truly cares about every one of his customers. A class act for sure.

Here is my 7 Rem Mag built by Marc on a Surgeon 1086. Shoots lights out like everything else he builds.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    820.6 KB · Views: 37

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
After bouncing around on rifles/cartridges, I landed on a suppressed 18” 7 SAUM as a “one and done” rifle for my needs…

My first 7 SAUM was a 22” build…

IMG_1126.jpeg

A few from this year with the 175 ELD-X (2760 MV @ 18”) from 200-600+ yards…

IMG_9595.jpeg
IMG_0870.jpeg
-mark-and-bear.jpeg

I’d have to dig up other photos from previous years hunts, but have also used

Here's one. Grin.

Genuine question: why did you guys choose 7 saum over the 7ss or 7sst? With the limited/non-availability of the saum it seems like you may as well go for the sherman cartridges. It actually seems easier to get sherman brass than saum brass for the time being. I’m bouncing around the idea of building one of these cartridges but haven’t really decided. I wish they would’ve put the 7prc in a short action.

My reasons for choosing 7 SAUM over 7SS
-in 2018 when I ordered the 7 SAUM sherman required fire forming and more expensive dies.
-I already had 7 SAUM bushing dies that i used for my 6.5 SAUM.
-It was also right when ADG released 7 saum brass and there wasn't ADG sherman brass
-On a Tikka action the OAL aspect of the SS wasn't really a benefit.
-Gunsmiths I wanted to use had SAUM reamers
-SAUM has slightly more capacity than the SS which to me means with a similar throat at the same pressures it should be equal or faster velocities.

For a new build on a short action the SS makes a lot of sense. I'd just make sure the chamber reamer, brass, and dies are all setup to play nice with each other.

Here’s my 7 saum

Bighorn origin
Hawkins hunter dbm
Ag composites alpine hunter
Triggertech special
Proof 24 inch prefit

It’s a hammer. Shoots the 180 target hybrids into itty bitty groups. That’s 13 shots, probably 3-6 seconds between shots.

Only killed 2 deer and brother shot an elk with it this year but so far I’m pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpeg
    IMG_4693.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4550.jpeg
    IMG_4550.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 35
After bouncing around on rifles/cartridges, I landed on a suppressed 18” 7 SAUM as a “one and done” rifle for my needs…

My first 7 SAUM was a 22” build…

View attachment 659587

A few from this year with the 175 ELD-X (2760 MV @ 18”) from 200-600+ yards…

View attachment 659589
View attachment 659590
View attachment 659591

I’d have to dig up other photos from previous years hunts, but have also used
Curious what powder you are using for that load, I have an 18 inch barrel going to the smith this week!

Decker9

WKR
Absolutely gorgeous. Who did the stock?

Thanks Mark!, it turned out not to bad. I built this stock last winter.