Sawyer Squeeze Water filter review

Just finished typing this up on my blog and thought it would interest some of you guys in the market for a new filter. I tested one out this summer/fall and can't say enough good things about it.

http://backcountryhunter.net/?p=76

Any questions feel free to ask and pm me for the Rokslide discount if you are interested in picking one up.

Steve

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use the Sawyer in various configurations as my main filter unless group camping and then it's often a platy. Nice review. I usually carry an aquafina bottle or similar as a back up in case the bladder breaks

colonel00

WKR
Nice write up. Can you comment a little more about the mini and your remark about it not having threads to attach to the quick fill adapter? I guess I am a little confused about exactly what you mean as it comes with the adapter's capabilities already. Or, are you saying that you cannot filter from a bag to a bottle?

OP
S&S ARCHERY
Nice write up. Can you comment a little more about the mini and your remark about it not having threads to attach to the quick fill adapter? I guess I am a little confused about exactly what you mean as it comes with the adapter's capabilities already. Or, are you saying that you cannot filter from a bag to a bottle?

The quick fill adapter threads onto the filter and then has a plastic piece that connects to your hydration tube. Its an extremely easy system and only takes seconds to do. The Mini doesn't have the threads on it to allow the quick filter adapter to attach to it. The Mini does have a little port that you could push into the hydration tube (that's how its used as an inline filter) but you would have to remove your mouthpiece everytime which would be a pain in the ass.