Scarpa boots.

There is not a whole lot of solid feedback and reviews on Scarpa boots in hunting forums. Scarpa's site is not as user friendly and does not have a filter option for "Hunting" boots . I have purchased Lowa, Kenetrek, and Crispi because there are tons of reviews, articles, distributors, end users etc. Scarpa, not so much. I know the name, but have never seen a pair in person. I understand where the op is coming from on this one.......

Mt Al

WKR
I don't know what specific kind they were, but I had a pair of Scarpas as my main boot for several years and they were and are awesome. Have a pair Solomans as my main pair now, so the Scarpas play backup and off season. Reason for Solomans vs Scarpa is the Solomans in the store fit my grossly wide feet better. I hunt in the snow quite a bit, so the Scarpas got wet quite often. On the drive home, opened them up and put them near the heater outlet and put them on a boot dryer (best piece of hunting support kit ever!) overnight. Toasty warm and dry in the morning. Repeated this cycle many times with the Scarpas. The boots are probably 7 - 8 years old and the rand is just starting to separate off the toe. Pretty impressive.

Scarpa boots are great, just make sure they fit your feet. The black magic of boot sizing regardless of company, is nuts: what lasts (foot shape) they use, wide foot/narrow foot, how they hold in different shaped heels, gusseting on the tongue, etc, etc.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of grand dru's I picked up on clearance and I love them. They are stiff as all get out but the toe box is awesome and they have worked well for the last 3 months. Solid boot in my opinion.

Jimss

WKR
I had 2 pairs of Scarpa Kailash and they were fantastic boots. I use and abuse my boots in the field at work each day and go through them super fast. Unfortunately they are too narrow for my feet so I switched over to Lowas and Crispis that are a lot wider.

huntcoop

WKR
What can anyone tell me about these boots. I just seen them on the kuiu website and looked them up. Not a whole lot of info

I have a pair of the Kuiu Scarpa R-evolution Trev GTX and they are awesome. I did buy a half size bigger and the fit is amazing. Outta the box comfortable, I would highly recommend them, great boots so far.

I’ve a pair of Scarpa Fuegos for almost four years now. I bought them working as a trail crew/wild land firefighter and ended up using them for everything, including my hunting and snowshoeing. I live/work/play in SW Colorado and have at least 1000 miles on these things. The color is a bit faded but the traction is still solid and they fit like a pair of slippers. I have a set of green super feet insoles in them, I’ve never gotten a blister.

There is not a whole lot of solid feedback and reviews on Scarpa boots in hunting forums. Scarpa's site is not as user friendly and does not have a filter option for "Hunting" boots . I have purchased Lowa, Kenetrek, and Crispi because there are tons of reviews, articles, distributors, end users etc. Scarpa, not so much. I know the name, but have never seen a pair in person. I understand where the op is coming from on this one.......
When I first started getting into mountain hunting, one of the first things I did was research mountaineering gear, and the apparel that worked best for them. Obviously not everything carries over to a typical mountain hunt, but in so far as the type of mountain hunting that we have/do here, the boots definitely carried over. The two names that seemed to pop up the most were La Sportiva and Scarpa, so those two were the ones that I focused most of my attention on when it was time to purchase my first pair of boots. We also have a couple very good mountaineering stores here locally, as well as a shop that specializes/caters to mountain hunting, which was very helpful. Today, with the availably of having everything at your finger tips, via the internet, getting information on just about anything is simple and easy. Case in point, I just Googled "Mountain hunting boots", and the second from the top of the list are Scarpa's. I guess that is the point I was trying to make.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I was googling “ top rated back country hunting boots” just on the introductory page it hat allot of other brands but only had 2 sportiva and one scarpa. I guess just the difference in specificities in your search