Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX vs ?

S.Clancy

WKR
The zodiak plus is a hiking boot, at best. The zodiak tech is the boot to get if you want a true mountain boot.
This. Get the Zodiac Tech. You'll still be around (or under) 3lbs for the pair and they are the real deal. If you can stand that hideous orange color that is...

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
I just wore them for 14 days in the Brooks Range (the Zodiac Techs) on a successful sheep hunt and can attest that they are the real deal. I've always worn lighter/stiffer boots and was loving them the whole time.

Leroy91

FNG
I wear a US 14 in pretty much everything. I'm in a similar situation though, because I feel like as I'm getting older my feet are getting a little longer, especially my right foot. The Scarpas aren't the most generous on length. Both of these boots would be early season boots where I would wear a thin sock. If I were to try to wear a heavy wool sock, it would be too snug. If you're a true 14.5, they're probably going to be too small. The Plus is slightly wider than the Ribelle, so I would think the Tech would be about the same.
Thanks for the response, Chris. I found a pretty steep discount and so ordered the Tech and the Plus. Unfortunately no Ribelle to be had in my size (I feel it is the boot I am really looking for, but will have to try these others for now). Like you said, thinking to use the Tech and Plus as early season boots with a thin sock. I have a pair of SL Activs in 48Eu and a pair of Hanwag Alaskas in a UK 13.5 that I use for late season mountain hunts. The Hanwags accommodate a large sock nicely and I find the SLs to be quite warm as they have a foam layer under the Cocona liner.