Scarpa lovers: new Ribelle Lite HD and Mescalito TRK

OP
L
@lifeisgoodsteve, what size did you get your Zodiac Plus and the Mountain Trek's compared to a normal sneaker? I went up 1/2 a size from my normal sneaker (12 to a 12.5) in the zodiacs and still get a touch of toe contact on steep downhills or under heavy loads... I'm afraid to go up more in that my whole foot will be sliding around. I know there isn't a perfect fit but I figured I'd ask...
I usually wear a size 10.5-11 normal shoe and an 11-11.5 hiking boot for option of larger socks and protecting toes on downhill.

I got a 45.5 in the Mescalito TRK and initially was concerned might be too big, but just back from a weekend in the Scapegoat doing almost 20 miles in two days and no hot spots or blisters (not much elevation gain second day).

In general I've ended up a little bigger in the sizing for the various Scarpa models I've worn, but considering .5 less in the Mescalito TRK as I think I could get away with it. For now I'm good but understand how tough it is to size boots nowadays until you actually get them on the mountain.

Good luck with the fit.

Ram94

WKR
Has anyone here put the new Ribelle Lite HD through some abuse yet? Thoughts?

spent last two seasons in these. my preference for washington high country. walk well on low angle, haul loads well, allow proper edging on rock and support on steep vert and side hill. have a second pair new in box at ready.... mine stay dry and warm for my feet with darn tough hike socks to about freezing, any colder and i need insulation, breath well enough when hot, the current version has a better toe rand be it one piece. mine have many miles on them and have many more to go. if using khatoola k10's or such they work well togather.

Last edited:

andydwyer

WKR
I have about 150 miles on my ribelle lites — love them. The rocker makes them walk like a much softer boot.