School me on Swarovski Z5 Reticle Options 😳 ??

Riflman

FNG
I'm thinking of getting one of the 3.5-18 Z5's for a nice light optic, (no electronics) but holy geez all the options for reticles! Can anyone clue me and just make this decision for me? This is for an ultralight 300 winmag mountain rifle and general carry, and could be used at long or short range if that helps (I know it doesn't 😂0.

OP
Riflman

Riflman

FNG
I like the 4w especially with the ballistic turret. I upgraded to the outdoorsman MOA ring and have had good luck with this setup.
Thanks. I had to google the turret, but that looks like the way to go for me too. There's a 3.5-18 z5 on here for sale but it's got the very busy Christmas tree reticle that I'm not a fan of.

Kurts86

WKR
4W with ballistic turret is the way to go with that scope. Dial elevation, hold wind.

I honestly like the 2.4-12x50 Z5 over the 3.5-18 because 18x to me in a SFP scope is way too much magnification but getting closer to 10x maximum is more workable in a SFP scope.

In full disclosure I sold my Z5 because I was worried about tracking and zero plus being limited to 13.25 moa of elevation with the turret limited me at the range. They have great optics but they aren’t great aiming devices.

OP
Riflman

Riflman

FNG
4W with ballistic turret is the way to go with that scope. Dial elevation, hold wind.

I honestly like the 2.4-12x50 Z5 over the 3.5-18 because 18x to me in a SFP scope is way too much magnification but getting closer to 10x maximum is more workable in a SFP scope.

In full disclosure I sold my Z5 because I was worried about tracking and zero plus being limited to 13.25 moa of elevation with the turret limited me at the range. They have great optics but they aren’t great aiming devices.

I'm looking for the lightest scope I can get for reasonable dollars for mountain hunting and reasonably long shots out to about 600, maybe 700 yards max with a 300 win mag.

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Z5 5-25 X 52 BRH reticle. I have two and love them. No need to dial. Just use the app to know your yardages based on what power you’re on.

OP
Riflman

Riflman

FNG
Z5 5-25 X 52 BRH reticle. I have two and love them. No need to dial. Just use the app to know your yardages based on what power you’re on.
I like to stay on the lower powers in case something ends up right in front me. It's happened before. 18 is plenty and it's under a pound. Appreciate the info though. As for the apps, I'm not much of a fan. I prefer something standard like mils if I'm going to do that. I went through that with the whole Nikon on-spot thing. Need to use their app which is limited. Meh.

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Right on. Just sharing my opinion. I don’t use the app in the field. I either know my yardages or use the dope cards I made while hunting.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm thinking of getting one of the 3.5-18 Z5's for a nice light optic, (no electronics) but holy geez all the options for reticles! Can anyone clue me and just make this decision for me? This is for an ultralight 300 winmag mountain rifle and general carry, and could be used at long or short range if that helps (I know it doesn't 😂0.
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks