Science/Environmental/Conservation/Habitat Management E-Books

I have a few days of driving ahead of me for the holidays and curious if anyone has any recommendations for any good conservation/habitat management e-books on sites like Audible. I have a ton of MeatEater and Gritty podcasts but need something to supplement them.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
If you have never read it, a sand county almanac, not sure if it can be found as an e book or not.

Thanks,
Boswell

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
Wilderness and the American Mind by Roderick Nash. I read it a few years back and although I don't recall specifics, I remember enjoying it.

Beendare

WKR
"Science/Environmental/Conservation/Habitat Management E-Books "

You TRYING to fall asleep at the wheel....grin

If you want a page turner instead....give me a shout

OP
ColoradoBackpackHunter
You TRYING to fall asleep at the wheel....grin If you want a page turner instead....give me a shout

Im an Environmental Science major so I nerd out to that kind of stuff. I am open to any suggestions though. Its going to be 2 days of driving one way so Ill have plenty of time to jump to whatever is holding my interest.

Beendare

WKR
Im an Environmental Science major so I nerd out to that kind of stuff. I am open to any suggestions though. Its going to be 2 days of driving one way so Ill have plenty of time to jump to whatever is holding my interest.
Gotcha.
That Aldo Leopold, "A sand county almanac" is a good suggestion above....a classic....that is probably the genesis of the environmental awareness back in the early 50's I think. Some great quotes in there...but its been decades since I read it. There was another more recent 'Silent Spring' but I can't remember the author...some gal. Again its been awhile....it waxes a bit chick-ish as I recall but you might like it.

Actually there were some unsung environmentalists before Leopold that might be worth a look. George Washington kept detailed notes of his farming practices that were eco friendly and pretty forward thinking for his day. He did it more for maxing out profitability it seems....but if you can find something detailing this part of his life you might find it interesting.