Scope Cam Adaptor

Benjblt

WKR
Any one used this stuff? I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 so it seems like the only one that would work with mine.

Wapiti151

WKR
I like mine a lot. Can use same every day phone chase, don’t have to carry an extra case, works with binos or scope. Big fan. I just use the one with the little plate that sticks to the phone, then I have the one eyepiece adapter. I have the mag-1 below…imagine this or the mag2 would work for you

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I like mine a lot. Can use same every day phone chase, don’t have to carry an extra case, works with binos or scope. Big fan. I just use the one with the little plate that sticks to the phone, then I have the one eyepiece adapter. I have the mag-1 below…imagine this or the mag2 would work for you

That's the one I was looking at. I didn't figure the mag-2 would be as adjustable.

Last edited:
OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR

Did the magnet mess with your phones GPS?

Wapiti151

WKR
I’m sure if I kept the magnet on there it would…but the magnet is on the optic adapter, not the phone plate. The phone plane is non magnetic, stays on my phone and doesn’t impact anything. However, I can’t use the wireless charging with the plate on the back.

I’ve tried just about every single adapter out this, and this one is my favorite. I like being able to use my current phone case. I like being able to use it on my binos, my spotting scope, my buddy’s scope, whatever. I think the Olin is faster to put on and index, but you would have to have multiple adapters ($$$) to be able to use that one, as well as a dedicated phone case. Not a huge deal but I like the flexibility of it for use in various applications.

I’m sure if I kept the magnet on there it would…but the magnet is on the optic adapter, not the phone plate. The phone plane is non magnetic, stays on my phone and doesn’t impact anything. However, I can’t use the wireless charging with the plate on the back.
This is the only disadvantage of the plate. BUT depending on where you position your plate you could still use it.

bayangler

FNG
I have one as well and really like it. The case never leaves my phone which makes it that much more convenient. And when I change phones eventually, all I have to do is reattach the plate to the new phone case with a sticker.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I think the Olin is faster to put on and index, but you would have to have multiple adapters ($$$) to be able to use that one, as well as a dedicated phone case. Not a huge deal but I like the flexibility of it for use in various applications.
This is what i thought.. . and Ollin doesn't make something that will fit my flip phone.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I have one as well and really like it. The case never leaves my phone which makes it that much more convenient. And when I change phones eventually, all I have to do is reattach the plate to the new phone case with a sticker.
Yeah. I really like this. I'm not out $100+ when I switch phones. I wasn't sure why these adapters weren't more popular.

I have it. Works well. I believe the Ollin is probably the best overall especially for speed. But the Scopecam fits way more eye pieces for the price.

I can wirelessly charge my phone with the plate stuck to the case.

BCsteve

WKR
No problem using the mag charger in mine.

BCsteve

WKR
What spotter do you have? I have a Athlon Ares 65 and the way the eye piece is designed the phone cam doesn't work very well. The adjustable rubber eye relief ring is pretty thin and the "fingers" of the scope cam go over the rubber piece and try to grab to the aluminum section and doesn't grip. If I adjust the eye relief ring out, the "fingers" grab the rubber ring but then the weight of the phone and gravity rotates the phone down and I also get lots of black in the view.