Scope Evaluation Donation

rickyw

FNG
@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus
I’ve been following this scope evaluation work with interest. I would PM but I’m a new account holder. I have two Burris Signature HDs I would be happy to send in for testing; a 2-10 and a 3-15. Let me know if interested. Thanks

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
I think a good way to help fund this would be for an retailer partnership with Rokslide.

The retailer can write off the donation of the scope. Form can test the scope and whenever there is a winner, Rokslide, Form and Ryan can recomend individuals go buy the scopes from that retailer. I've donated a few hundred dollers at this point and purchased a Nightforce ATACR based on what these guys are doing. I would happily purchase more scopes from a company who was willing to donate scopes to this cause. Id like to buy my next nightforce from a company who contributes to this kind of testing instead of a company who pushes their Vortex scopes because they have a good margin.

i.e. Mile High Shooting donates a Kahles. Form does the test on the Kahles. The Kahles passes the test. Rokslide says "thank you Mile High for donating the Kahles! If youre looking to buy a kahles and your decisision to buy was impacted by the testing done here, they sure would appreciate it if you purchased through them!"

Just throwin out ideas here. Maybe its already done.

I think a good way to help fund this would be for an retailer partnership with Rokslide.

The retailer can write off the donation of the scope. Form can test the scope and whenever there is a winner, Rokslide, Form and Ryan can recomend individuals go buy the scopes from that retailer. I've donated a few hundred dollers at this point and purchased a Nightforce ATACR based on what these guys are doing. I would happily purchase more scopes from a company who was willing to donate scopes to this cause. Id like to buy my next nightforce from a company who contributes to this kind of testing instead of a company who pushes their Vortex scopes because they have a good margin.

i.e. Mile High Shooting donates a Kahles. Form does the test on the Kahles. The Kahles passes the test. Rokslide says "thank you Mile High for donating the Kahles! If youre looking to buy a kahles and your decisision to buy was impacted by the testing done here, they sure would appreciate it if you purchased through them!"

Just throwin out ideas here. Maybe its already done.
My guess is that a retailer would not want to get on (just picking on someone) Vortex/Leupold's bad side. First, they would have to establish a contractual agreement to be a retailer, which may include promising to buy X number of units. Then, if the scope doesn't pass that manufacturer would probably be pissed at the retailer for putting them on blast. Slippery slope.

I think the model of testing scopes that were purchased through regular stream of commerce (NOT potentially cherry-picked donations from manufacturers) is the most robust.

406Backwoods

FNG
Classified Approved
Has anyone else reached out to manufactures to see if they would donate or provide a discount for a scope to be tested? I’m pretty unimpressed by a couple this far that claim to drop test their optics but are obviously scared to see their product get out through the wringer. It’d almost be worthwhile to create a list of companies that have that sort of response. I asked Arken about donating an EP-5. They are too busy trying to get orders out to do that right now. Perhaps in the future. Or if they’ll still warranty it, I may purchase one and donate it

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
He is probably referring to the new Mark 4 that is built heavier. It might be the one to pass. Maven passed recently also. Manufactures are waking up a bit.
Didnt know they came out with a new one but its still doubtful that they have "woken up"

From the website:
"Each model uses a 4:1 zoom ratio, which cuts down on weight and price"

In my limited experiance, weight and price cuts dont often translate to more durrable. I hope to be wrong.

Didnt know they came out with a new one but its still doubtful that they have "woken up"

From the website:
"Each model uses a 4:1 zoom ratio, which cuts down on weight and price"

In my limited experiance, weight and price cuts dont often translate to more durrable. I hope to be wrong.

What’s crazy is how “inexpensive” SWFA scopes are and they just work. Especially how cheap their fixed mag scopes are. Not sure why other manufactures can’t make something similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk