Scope rings for Tikka t3x

fmyth

WKR
I had Sportsmatch rings on my T3X. The TO84. Very nice rings.

Did you use the roll pin on the rear ring? My gunsmith told me it was too big for the factory hole in the Tikka.

prm

WKR
Did you use the roll pin on the rear ring? My gunsmith told me it was too big for the factory hole in the Tikka.

I honestly do not recall for certain. I believe I used one and that it was the front. The rings seem to grip as well as any so I wasn’t too worried about it. My T3X was rebored to a 338 Federal.

ID_Matt

WKR
another vote for the Hawkins direct mounts... I have used lows before and they work great for 44 mm's. I switched to a 50 so had to go to the highs. I have a set of the lows I could sell you if interested.

fmyth

WKR
I honestly do not recall for certain. I believe I used one and that it was the front. The rings seem to grip as well as any so I wasn’t too worried about it. My T3X was rebored to a 338 Federal.
Thanks. I moved the base with the pin to the front and positioned it as a stop in the larger hole in the receiver.

What is the lens diameter on your scope? 50mm. I purchased a 50mm nikin and deciding what dnz height i need to go with. Thanks..

This is the ZEISS conquest v4 4-16x44. I would think with a 50mm scope you might need to go with medium height. If you have questions you can always give them a call as they were very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jt4

WKR
I ordered DNZ and spent the night trying to get them on. None of the screws will thread in properly or all the way. Sending them back and have Talley ordered now.

For reference though, the mediums would have worked on my 50mm scope.

another vote for the Hawkins direct mounts... I have used lows before and they work great for 44 mm's. I switched to a 50 so had to go to the highs. I have a set of the lows I could sell you if interested.
What 50mm scope did you put on that you needed to go with highs?

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered DNZ and spent the night trying to get them on. None of the screws will thread in properly or all the way. Sending them back and have Talley ordered now.

For reference though, the mediums would have worked on my 50mm scope.

Mine didn't go well but it seemed it was the fault of some plastic in the thread from the factory Tikka plugs. After I got that all out, the DNZ worked great.

jt4

WKR
Mine didn't go well but it seemed it was the fault of some plastic in the thread from the factory Tikka plugs. After I got that all out, the DNZ worked great.

This could have been it too. I just ended up putting on Talley and they worked so I didn’t look back into it after everything was setup. DNZ seemed like a solid mount though I’ll give it that.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
This could have been it too. I just ended up putting on Talley and they worked so I didn’t look back into it after everything was setup. DNZ seemed like a solid mount though I’ll give it that.
Yeah it's a solid mount. I'm going to change to Pic rail and Seekins rings but only because im going from 1" to 30mm scope tube. My DNZ might just sit in the cabinet just in case another Tikka comes along.

Kodiak13

FNG
I went with the low height dnz game reaper mounts. I’m running a tikka t3x 300wm and the same scope! The clearance came out perfect. Here is a picture of the setup. Notice the ring caps aren’t on as I was just checking clearance before final assembly.
4007b8b8713fa660a80172294b85bc9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Cougs

73 Wood

FNG
+2 (or so) for the DNZ game reaper on the Tikka. I had the low mount with a 42mm and it fit up nice and tight. I've since switched to a bigger scope, so I had to get a medium height on my 50mm.

Go Dawgs!

Pootyng

FNG
I used Warne mediums on my tx3 with a Zeiss 4-16x44. I just assembled everything but I haven’t taken any pictures. I’m ashamed.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Sportsmatch TO84s with a Zeiss v4 4-16x44 on my 6.5 cm Superlite

Unless you need some baked-in elevation, I don't see any reason to put on a pic rail or mount that relies on screws when you have a machined-in rail in the receiver already.