Scored some H1000

270quest

WKR
Have a buddy in SLC area that hits up the local shops and keeps an eye out for stuff we essentially cant find here in the Boise area...Was in a small shop and they had a bunch of H1000, 1 pound cans. He bought my 5 of them at $37 a piece. Went back the next day and they had sold out, but I am now covered for quite some time. Lucky find for me.

Its interesting because my friend who does this is retired and has lots of free time to hit up all the shops and stores, and it seem that across the board, SLC area gets significantly more primers, bullets, powder, brass then we see in the Boise area. And a lot of the time, he finds stuff at the cabelas and scheels down that way. Just the other day he picked up two 1000 bricks of Fed 215m Primers at Cabelas...

sneaky

"DADDY"
Several shops out here will. They'll sell you whatever they have. I've got more 4451 and H4350 than anything right now, I think my 6lbs of RL26 and GMM primers are gonna be my retirement fund lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
Grabbed 4lbs of varget and h4350 yesterday. They would let you do 8lbs max. Local place here in wi. A friend stopped and called me saying they had it

freebird

WKR
Have a little hole in the wall shop that has H1000......couple weeks ago had 3 cases of retumbo. I figure if I start stocking up on supplies now I should be able to start reloading next year. Its out there, you just have to look.
He even had 6.5 berger 156's.

Firehawk

WKR
I am in the SLC area and haven't seen H1000 or Retumbo in a VERY long time. Would love to pick some H1000 up for sure. If you don't mind passing along where that was, I will keep an eye out for a while.

Varget is the other one that I wish I could find. Seems that some folks find it and then turn around and list it on the local classifieds for 2-3x as much money. I do my very best to AVOID those guys. But I will absolutely buy at a "premium" for something I need when I need to.

Blackhorn 209 is a good example. Got a new rifle for Christmas and needed some that black powder substitute "wonder powder" and couldn't find it anywhere. Felt physically and emotionally abused after trying to find some. I hate it.

Anyway, would love to know where to find some.

FH