Scout rifle

Trial153

WKR
Bear with me on this one.

I good friend of mine that just started hunting. She is right handed and left eye dominant. She is pretty acceptable shot with a handgun so she is not new to firearms but very new to rifle shooting . She has tried shooting left handed with little success. She also has tried shutting her left eye and that was working well till in her excitement she scoped her self to point of a complex fracture and surgery when she shot a buck last fall. I am trying to prevent a repeat …

Would a scout scout rifle with an appropriate very long eye relief work for her shooting right handed and using her left eye or both eyes open?

I have rifle and scope in carts online to buy for her as she isn’t position to drop the money on a new set up. I am looking to see if anyone had any experience with this set up before I place an order.

Thanks in advance

Bear with me on this one.

I good friend of mine that just started hunting. She is right handed and left eye dominant. She is pretty acceptable shot with a handgun so she is not new to firearms but very new to rifle shooting . She has tried shooting left handed with little success. She also has tried shutting her left eye and that was working well till in her excitement she scoped her self to point of a complex fracture and surgery when she shot a buck last fall. I am trying to prevent a repeat …

Would a scout scout rifle with an appropriate very long eye relief work for her shooting right handed and using her left eye or both eyes open?

I have rifle and scope in carts online to buy for her as she isn’t position to drop the money on a new set up. I am looking to see if anyone had any experience with this set up before I place an order.

Thanks in advance
I would just have her start shooting left handed. My son is the same way, right handed left eye dominant - he shoots left handed. I am left handed right eye dominant, shoot right handed.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’d probably try lower recoil / muzzle brake / more eye relief on a normal scope first.

Also - eye protection. It works.

Edit to add: heavier rifle, too.

I’m cross dominant and I absolutely could not shoot a long arm left handed. Cant do it. Just find the right rifle / scope / accessory setup so she doesn’t get scope bite.