Scouting for Bucks - motivation

S.Clancy

WKR
Clancy - I couldn’t live there. I just couldn’t stand to have that next to me. The temptations would be too great to throw a lasso around its neck - pen it up - trailer it to the area that I had a tag in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw him and a slightly smaller buddy last night. I was trying to figure out how I could chase them onto the FS about a mile away....

He sure is a nice deer, I do like looking at him

cjdewese

WKR
I saw him and a slightly smaller buddy last night. I was trying to figure out how I could chase them onto the FS about a mile away....

He sure is a nice deer, I do like looking at him
Man if the FS is only about a mile away, I would just be hunting that border the entire season hoping to catch him when he messes up.

What a deer.

My brother sent me photos of a giant out in Colorado in his backyard too, just not fair.

OP
W

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
Have been out again. One night I saw 2 bucks...making tracks out of the area. I couldn't figure out why until I saw them staring uphill. Yogi bear making tracks in their general direction. I didn't see any other deer on that slope all night. Obviously...bear = bad....lol

Do2Ji9z.jpg

Saw just a couple bucks back in the area a few days later.....One mainframe 4x4...couldn't tell if he has eye guards but definitely a decent buck.....a little over a mile out..

PTOC1GW.jpg

fun and games....love the "yard buck" !!

OP
W

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
Bucks have been harder to come by now that seasons have been open. Not seeing the bigger bucks much at all. Hopefully they are doing what big bucks do...hunkering down and being nocturnal....and not dead.

I did see these a couple nights ago. The 2x3 on the far left is still in velvet. I'm thinking it is "permanent" for him this year. The buck in the middle is a clean 4x4...he should be real nice in a year or two. The one on the far right is a 4x5. He has a third point in one of his back forks. It also seems like his horns are "angular or bladed?". Interesting enough to want to walk up to him and find out! He is just past his ears so not huge...but I don't think wifey could pass him up due to the character.

baZfFYy.jpg

Happy Hunting!!

Bucks have been harder to come by now that seasons have been open. Not seeing the bigger bucks much at all. Hopefully they are doing what big bucks do...hunkering down and being nocturnal....and not dead.

I did see these a couple nights ago. The 2x3 on the far left is still in velvet. I'm thinking it is "permanent" for him this year. The buck in the middle is a clean 4x4...he should be real nice in a year or two. The one on the far right is a 4x5. He has a third point in one of his back forks. It also seems like his horns are "angular or bladed?". Interesting enough to want to walk up to him and find out! He is just past his ears so not huge...but I don't think wifey could pass him up due to the character.

baZfFYy.jpg

Happy Hunting!!
That one on the far right is probably in the 150-160 range still a respectable buck