How close have you snuck in?

Duh

WKR
How close have you guys got stalked in a took pictures of bucks? I’ve got a couple really good stalks within 2-10 yards. Got some other ones too but can’t post the short videos on here.

This 1st picture I got right on top of the buck before he noticed my bow being drawn back and bolted. I’ve stalked into a lot of bucks under this same rock. Needless to say, a lot of mistakes have been made on this rock because I still haven’t killed anything there.

IMG_1637.jpeg

The second one is a good buck I got right on top of at 10 yards. I was drawn back on him but let down to take a video and see how much closer I could get. I bumped him and a giant about 30 minutes prior. Luckily for me, those two extra steps paid off for me because the giant was right underneath my feet and I could have kicked his left antler. Got an arrow into him at point blank range and ended that chapter.
IMG_1698.jpeg

This third picture is from being pinned down by that same giant the previous week. He busted me crawling in shortly after taking the picture. That one hurt and I thought I would never see him again.
IMG_1687.jpeg

Anyone else got any sweet spot and stalk photos?

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
My biggest to date, I shot him in his bed at about 4 yds with my brother right next to me. He picked a bad spot to bed. 😁
He’s tall! Love the look of him. Shoot him with a bow?

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
He’s tall! Love the look of him. Shoot him with a bow?
Yep, I'm just an archery guy. It's the getting close, undetected, that gets my blood pumping. The closer, the better!

Reactions: Duh

Juan_ID

WKR
I snuck into 12 yards of this one, shot him from the rock marked in the picture about an hour after I took the pic. His buddy was actually about 5 yards closer and got out of his bed just moments before I shot my buck.
I’ve snuck in under 15 a few times, but this is the only time it went my way and just happened to be my first archery harvest after years of trying. As much fun as it is I try not to get that close anymore if trying to harvest the animal. I have a serious case of buck fever when archery hunting mule deer and have had some really bad luck when it comes to harvesting big bucks with my bow. 🥲
IMG_6976.jpegIMG_6978.jpeg

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I snuck into 12 yards of this one, shot him from the rock marked in the picture about an hour after I took the pic. His buddy was actually about 5 yards closer and got out of his bed just moments before I shot my buck.
I’ve snuck in under 15 a few times, but this is the only time it went my way and just happened to be my first archery harvest after years of trying. As much fun as it is I try not to get that close anymore if trying to harvest the animal. I have a serious case of buck fever when archery hunting mule deer and have had some really bad luck when it comes to harvesting big bucks with my bow. 🥲
View attachment 641409View attachment 641406
Such a cool buck. I’ve screwed up my fair share of close shots on muleys too haha.

Hnthrdr

WKR
View attachment 641409View attachment 641406
Really cool terrain that you are chasing them in, also awesome buck!

Scoot

WKR
Some awesome pics in this thread! Very cool! You guys who can consistently stalk inside of bow range on muleys and get it done impress the hell outta me! I've killed a few, but I haven't managed to put all the pieces together in a consistent manner or on a really big one.

I have been less than 25 yards away from bedded bucks before, but anymore I tend to stop trying to get closer once I get to 40 yards or so. I also tend to leave my phone in my pocket once I'm in the zone. Y'all are nuts for taking pictures so close! -- but they are damn impressive!

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I learned a hard lesson with a silver alert going off a few years back. My phone gets put into airplane mode now haha.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Here’s a couple more my wife and I got on top of. Kinda hard to tell in the picture but the one of left is a pretty big 3. She got pretty excited and shanked the 15 yard shot.

Attachments

• IMG_6810.jpg
    IMG_6810.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6811.png
    IMG_6811.png
    788.2 KB · Views: 78
Once I get on top of a buck and settled in my heart beats about 120 bpm, sometimes for hours. I've almost passed out from excitement before.

The last buck I killed stood up just a few minutes after I settled in which probably helped me to kill him because I didn't have time to get inside my own head too much.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That's pretty cool that ya'll thought to take pictures, would have been the furthest thing from my mind back when I bow hunted. Would have required dropping my pack and getting out my fancy new digital camera!