Searching for an all black leather high end hunting boot.

PennDude

FNG
I'm ready to step up my game in the hunting boot department. Traditionally I've worn Irish Setters but I'm planning my first elk hunt for 2019 and I'll need a great pair of boots. I receive a uniform allowance through work, but to qualify, they have to be all leather and black. I plan on wearing these boots at work in order to properly break them in before my hunt, so no ethics issues there.

I'm having difficulty finding a pair of high end hunting boots that are 100% or nearly all leather. The sides could be cordura, like on the Danner Acadia, but I prefer leather. I'm open to suggestions on what manufacturers to look at. I highly prefer USA made boots.

Thank for your input. I look forward to seeing any suggestions ya'll come up with.

kipper09

WKR
Crispi Nevada is available in black and also the Lowa Tibet. The Solomon quest force may work as well. Crispi briksdal is a nice boot that’s all black as well. Zamberlan makes a All black boot in the 996 vioz. Asolo powermatic 200. And Asolo thyrus. As you can tell I’ve had the same search haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
P

PennDude

FNG
Awesome suggestions! Some you mentioned won't work, as they have colors other than black on them. This will certainly get me started off on the right foot with my research! The Crispi Nevada Black looks really promising, as well as the Crispi Oasis GTX.

Djacker

WKR
I use a kenetrek hard tactical for work and elk hunting. So far the kenetrek's have held up great, they are comfy too. I'm going to try the Crispi Nevada black gtx next.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm ready to step up my game in the hunting boot department. Traditionally I've worn Irish Setters but I'm planning my first elk hunt for 2019 and I'll need a great pair of boots. I receive a uniform allowance through work, but to qualify, they have to be all leather and black. I plan on wearing these boots at work in order to properly break them in before my hunt, so no ethics issues there.

I'm having difficulty finding a pair of high end hunting boots that are 100% or nearly all leather. The sides could be cordura, like on the Danner Acadia, but I prefer leather. I'm open to suggestions on what manufacturers to look at. I highly prefer USA made boots.

Thank for your input. I look forward to seeing any suggestions ya'll come up with.

Our Granite VI is an all black leather hunting boot. We also have a new LEO/MIL duty boot coming out that will be in Mid and Tall heights, uninsulated and lightweight. Should come out in Feb/March.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questiosn

OP
P

PennDude

FNG
Our Granite VI is an all black leather hunting boot. We also have a new LEO/MIL duty boot coming out that will be in Mid and Tall heights, uninsulated and lightweight. Should come out in Feb/March.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questiosn

I really like the looks of the Granite VI but don't need all that insulation for an archery season hunt. Are they available without insulation?

Trial153

WKR
Pretty sure zamberlan has couple of all leather black models. Not USA made though.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Not sure if you have seen them yet but our New Tactic-X is out. Available in Tall and Mid. We currently have quite a few in the field and are receiving some very positive feedback on them! There are a handful of guys in the Missoula County Sherriff's Office here in MT running them at the moment. Hearing nothing but good things from them.

https://schnees.com/schnees-boots/new-tactic-x/