Seek Courthouse

OP
coyote_out

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
awesome! Thanks for that update and picture! When you say the tent was lifted up, was something wrong? Or the pitch off? I am taking that it was windy, but what was the cause for the tent?

cgasner1

WKR
Honestly I could have just been the way I had it pitched. But it stayed up threw legit 50-60 mph winds I couldn’t believe it. I want to order a 3rd post from seek and use a couple hitch pins to pin it all together and bring some wire to time my stove pipe to that also. We ram para cord between the poles and when you hung your wet clothes on it it just sagged to much and was a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crich

WKR
We use ours year round. In that video I linked above, I edited out the exterior shots, but there's about 18" of the wet early October snow that fell for the second interior look.

I do have some wall poles rigged up, but more so for being able to set the guy outs anywhere I want.
Curious your thoughts comparing this to a Davis go tent as far as usable space. Do you think the courthouse could benifit from some couplers and a makeshift carbon internal frame?

sndmn11

WKR
Curious your thoughts comparing this to a Davis go tent as far as usable space. Do you think the courthouse could benifit from some couplers and a makeshift carbon internal frame?

No, I don't. I also would never use an internal frame wall tent if there was any chance of snow or heavy rain. I'd guess setup time would double with a frame as well.

The floor space is similar between the two. The standing room space is less in the Courthouse due to the back being sloped to the peak rather than a gable end.

The Courthouse 95% of perfect for my needs.

Eldoradotim

FNG
Classified Approved
Can anyone comment on setup time between Courthouse and 12-man? Also, can you comfortably get 4 full size cots with stove in the 12-man? If it's more like 3, then I'd assume the the Courthouse and 12-man are equal in that regard.

FlyGuy

WKR
Can anyone comment on setup time between Courthouse and 12-man? Also, can you comfortably get 4 full size cots with stove in the 12-man? If it's more like 3, then I'd assume the the Courthouse and 12-man are equal in that regard.

Bumping this up b/c I have the same questions…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
67014BFF-C9F1-47B8-8E22-69684A02BCCE.jpegI love mine. I was debating between the courthouse and a tipi. I went with the courthouse because it is a smaller footprint to set up and has more space to stand up in. We used it this year with 2 cots, 2 chairs, and had all our gear inside along with a stack of wood across the entire back. I would put 3 cots in and the stove with minimal gear.

4BD12F25-D8AB-411F-BC8B-201CA2998DAA.jpegEB518A62-0EE5-436D-8520-D570E82B53A2.jpeg

jthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it has the liner installed. I have one on order with Seek and didn't order the liner. How bad is the condensation at 10k feet in the Courthouse. I figured i would try it with out the liner and order it later if necessary.

sndmn11

WKR
Looks like it has the liner installed. I have one on order with Seek and didn't order the liner. How bad is the condensation at 10k feet in the Courthouse. I figured i would try it with out the liner and order it later if necessary.

I have never tried mine without a liner. Having used it a bunch, I think you could do it easily in the colder months.

jthomas

Lil-Rokslider
I have never tried mine without a liner. Having used it a bunch, I think you could do it easily in the colder months.
I don't recommend using this tent with out the liner. Hunted for 14 days in Colorado out of it with no liner, it rained for 4 straight days. The rain was just as bad in the tent as out. Anyone have any experience with precipitation using the liner, is it that much better with it? My experience has me rethinking things. I like everything about the courthouse except for the condensation. Considering a Mountain Den but there is a weight penalty compared to the courthouse.

Wrench

WKR
The trick for drying gear is to tie a few prussiks to the poles at varying heights and hang the weight at the poles. You can span the two poles to pin the sleeves and such.....or better yet, use the prussiks to hang a pecker pole across the two....then you can load the thing to death and not side load the poles so bad.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I don't recommend using this tent with out the liner. Hunted for 14 days in Colorado out of it with no liner, it rained for 4 straight days. The rain was just as bad in the tent as out. Anyone have any experience with precipitation using the liner, is it that much better with it? My experience has me rethinking things. I like everything about the courthouse except for the condensation. Considering a Mountain Den but there is a weight penalty compared to the courthouse.
It does fine with the liner.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tied in a vestibule to the front of the courthouse. Would give a little more room. Been thinking about trying to do this, but not sure if I'm better off just putting up a low canopy to store items under.