Seek outside company changes??

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
Screenshot_20230803-092037.png
Just got this email this morning. Does anyone know if there are some changes going on over at seek or just a rebranding??

*zap*

WKR

OP
yeti14

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I missed that whole debacle. Thanks for the info and link to the thread. We don't have to go down that rabbit hole again.

11boo

WKR
They make some first rate gear, but I imagine they took a hit over that whole thing. It was all over the web, 90% negative on seek.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're involved in some significant "cost down" activities; they may be losing share to silpoly shelters and may feel the urge to leave silnylon behind, and switch exclusively to silpoly and dyneema. They can sell shelters at the same price or higher, and make more profits.

gabenzeke

WKR
I can't see the screen shot. Is it changes to staffing or just rebranding to try to distance themselves from their own opinions?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Interesting stuff that I totally missed. My 10 year old Sl5 is almost ready for retirement. Was looking to place an order but may delay until I read up.

ethan

WKR
I really like the packs and shelters I have from SO. Kevin Timm has a different opinion politically from me, but I’m past the point of changing out gear I like because someone has a different opinion than mine, and it’s interesting how some people/companies are held to different standards than others. Guys will swear off using brand X because of whatever, while typing away on an apple product and watching YouTube or Facebook???
I’m looking forward to seeing what they are coming out with.

That’s is a very odd email.

Not sure how you can be the same, and better at the same time?

Maybe selling to meateater and the deal closes next year🤔

Seems odd to hint at something to secret to talk about, and it is 6-8 months away from happening.

Never tried their packs, but love the stove and shelter I bought about 4 years ago. As far as quality and design, The things I have bought were extremely well made.